Monday, July 21, 2014

Clancast XVI Day Two Coverage

Hello, and welcome back Mech fans Clancast XVI broadcast is brought to you today by the following...

Cogwerk Smuggler’s Stealth Transit - For a fee, we will make sure your contraband gets through… or your money .

Cumulus Courier Service - We started on Old Mars but have expanded to now also have locations in Cogwerk Port and on Novum Dolorum.  “Ma” Aurora Cumulus believes her fleet of swift-footed Orcus equipped messengers have results which speak for themselves. Hire her service and you’ll also get to see why.

Artemis Molly’s Bar - Hot gossip, the best drinks, and good entertainment.
Mention this ad and get half off on a pint of Vitridian Elixir!

Cogwerk Bounty Hunters LTD. - Turn in some of the Galaxy’s most wanted scumbags to us for cold hard credits. You capture ‘em, we process them for turning in to the authorities.  Using the latest in suspended animation technologies we temporarily freeze them for delivery to the jails, so that you don’t have to worry about your bounty trying to pull an escape, that is ...provided you can bring them to our cryostations.

Welcome one and all to another great interview I am your host Pat Willis here today with Steve Ross #162076 of fan favorites Republic of Zeon. Steve thanks much for taking the time to talk to me today. This clan war has seen a change up in the fights as well as the format what if anything do you think this brings to the table in terms of fairness/strategy, or do you think it takes some away?
   
Steve - I think it ups the game in many ways Pat. Bigger prizes in terms of value. Bigger challenges in terms of endurance. 

Pat - True enough, I have seen much discussion on the player page about it so thought I'd get an official stance as it were..lol. So how are you finding your opponents thus far, and what are your predictions for the up coming fights?  

Steve - Well, round one is out of the way. I think the initial draw was a good one to get the guns warmed up. M&L 2 were really up against it. They are new to the division so as the underdogs it was too tough for them, but i salute them all. Next we have the 1st K's. I have great affection for these boys as I formed the clan. I anticipate some hardcore action from these dudes. We have been running tests against many prospective opponents. The DD AFF boys will be brutal (if we get that far).

Pat - I'd say that is a pretty fair assessment of the situation. Being with Republic of Zeon you have to know your clan is a pretty solid fan favorite. Any ideas on what to attribute your success to as a whole for such wide spread clan appeal?

Steve - Hmm... good question. I would say the fact that we are a very close knit group of friends behind the scenes. We have been bouncing off each other and swapping update tips. We have at least two new members taken from the best our last war had to offer. There have been several improvements on individual levels and as a collective we have wired our shit tighter re' keeping on top of progress. It's been a very good interim period for us all.

Pat - Well it is certainly working I know folks across all the divisions from 13 on up to 1 watch the fights Zeon is in. Got to say I'm a fan myself..lol With the clan being so tight knit I'd imagine communication is a big thing for you guys in times such as these. Without giving away any secrets how would you rate the inter clan communication in terms of effectiveness in a war?

Steve - Keeping it polite... F***ing phenomenal. Even our quieter members are coming back with input. The best part of our clan is we don't dismiss the views of anyone, regardless of time in service. What one over-looks, another may pick up on. We have grade A leadership and a wealth of experience. It all pays off when it comes to the loot at the end. The results always speak volumes, and close run finishes pull in the crowds.

Pat  - lol..Impressive I know some clans do not have such things in place and it really shows come the end scores of the war. So you seem pretty pumped for this war and your clans place in it. What would you ascribe your own personnel success to in the game?

Steve - The fact that I've participated in EVERY single clan war since the game's birth helps. That and the fact that I've made mistakes. If you don't make those mistakes then you don't know what to change as an individual. I've worked with many in-game greats. I would like to give a MASSIVE thank you to Thodoris Liolios of the Northwind Highlanders. He has been a giant, a friend, and a fantastic mentor/influence on how I have evolved. There are so many things that shape a fighter. My one piece of advice would be; 'Find your style and work with those in your own particular groove'. NEVER dismiss alternatives. They pay off big sometimes.

Pat - Excellent advice all around if I may say so. Alright last question here, just giving a forecast all doubts aside about who you may face in upcoming battles how do you think Zeon will come in at the end of this war?

Steve - I would say we have a very good crack at gold. It will take some serious smarts in the final showdown, but it is VERY possible. Last round? I'd hate to bet the farm either way, but.... if I could call it I'd be making a fortune right now as a psychic. I wish everyone the best, and remember: Honor Guard is the difference between life and death. Squad management is the difference between success and failure. Listen to your experienced members, and best of fortune to all.

Pat - Love the confidence, and of course I look forward to seeing how you and the clan fare as a whole come the final battle. I wish you luck and happy hunting. Thanks again for taking the time for talking to me today.

Steve - No probs Pat. Always a pleasure. And good fortune in your own endeavors brother.

Pat - Thanks much appreciated.

That ladies and gents is our morning coverage from all of us here at Galaxy Gathering we wish you happy hunting and good luck in this Clan war. Tune in later today for more mech mashing entertainment!









Submitted by Mycobacter & Pat Willis #712744, #224534