Monday, July 28, 2014

The Potato Weapon Reiew

The Potato

Flavor Text: WTF? Did you just throw a potato at me?
Power: 1
Speed: 1
Class: Ballistic (Elite)

Hard to see how this 'novelty' weapon classifies as Elite, but, there it is. This seems to be an item handed out for just being there. I got mine after a clan war in which I didn't fire a single shot.

Wondering if it had any hidden surprises, I put it in a Level 19 Nerio, with nothing else, and took it against a level 1 newbie. It's speed was exactly as advertise, as the newbie got in lots of shots, powering through the Nerio's HP in short order before the potato saw the light of day.

Put in some upgrades, including shields, and still the Nerio was trounced before the measly 1 strength potato could show its stuff.

Observation: for some reason, none of the advanced gear seemed to work. No repair. No shield blockage. I'm not sure if this was due to the potato, the Nerio, or some beginner effect in the game.

Even selling the potato, I didn't see any of my wealth stats change, especially the all important Niode count.

Whatever its worth, it probably comes in special events. Otherwise, it's a place holder. Might as well hang on to one if you get it just to say you have it and baffle your friends.











Submitted by Ben Parker#712090