Sunday, July 20, 2014

Magmas The Ignis Mech Spotlight

I came across my Ignis before they became available for everyone, and were mass produced. I got it deep in a subterranean cavern system on the Yomi Reefs. Shipping it back to base was an undertaking in and of itself, and cost no small amount in bribes, and fees. Once I brought it back to the hanger I of course had the techs give it a once over, and found to my surprise it was still serviceable with a little TLC. I quickly got to work on making it one of my fiercest mechs.

Of course I had to start from the ground up with the rewiring and integration of modern systems into the archaic design. The cockpit was tackled first I set up multiple Haptic Interfaces running parallel with Neural Recalibrators to raise its precision and give it potential for crit-kills, also to boost the fire damage and allow for some trample. I tackled the Chassis next which was a no brainer and totally refitted the system with Muon Junctions across the board to boost the fork ability and give it some dodge. This mech for being so big is amazingly fast and agile. Then moved to the engine systems which really there isn't much to choose from for a 90 ton war machine so in went the multiple Heat Cyclers. Not the fastest mech on the block but with the mechs extra armor it can take hits with no problems and keep on going.

Next I moved on to the all important weapons systems, given it was a fire based mech to start with I figured may as well make it utilize its fire and burn potential to the fullest. A full rack of five Hephaistos went in right away, I kept the mechs already installed Jurassic Blast mechanisms, added triple Lizard Brains, put in two quad racks of Kojin stoves for a total of eight. I then added three Diablis Nozzles, four salvaged Rupture Shots from a couple Gigus I had killed, and rounded it all out nicely with seven Liquid Torches. So all told it has thirty two weapon slots filled to the brim with full on unleash hell ability.

I also internalized the weapons systems to integrate with the back spines of the mech so that when they fire up, they actually fire within the mech, up towards the spines, which then stores and unleashes the heat weapon powers at varied levels. The actual firing takes place after the spines glow almost white hot and the whole mech curves into itself a little bit before whipping out straight sending the weapon fire on its way to the target.

It's more hot rod now (no pun intended) than mech but it is certainly a devastating thing to see on the battlefield, with plenty of potential for dealing huge amounts of damage in a short period of time. I'm rather happy with it as it stands now, but that of course doesn't mean I'm going to stop working on it.


Submitted by Pat Willis#224534