Thursday, May 15, 2014

Post Faction War Interview With Roy Cheah

Welcome back my furious fight lovers I'm here today with Roy Cheah #26958 of the famed Northwind Highlanders. Roy thanks for taking the time to talk to me today jumping right in to it then,first off did you have any misgivings going into this War what with set up and all, and what were your thoughts once it finished?

Roy - Well as with the first and ever FW , I was a little nervous on my load outs and lines , but with the help of the brotherhood and great stragetic planning I was able to give a better than average showing thanks to all the resources with our brotherhood. When it was all finished , I am very happy and proud that Iheld my own and we all in the brotherhood were on top of our game with the nail biter finale.

Pat - True enough, That finale was insane! Did you find the larger clan base to be a beneficial addition to this war or was it more hectic in trying to plan who hits what and whom?

Roy -Actually not really , here is why , firstly we in the northwind highlanders clans have been coordinating with top level players with our expanded levels and thus had pretty closely perfected the coms and strategy far in advance before this FW. I would venture to say that we as a whole arranged and dispersed our best assets and experience within our base to end up with the best results , but hectic and also comedy did follow at times but nothing too drastic at all. This was the first FW and I say we did fantastic against our very strong and experiences opponents the Storm.

Pat -  I noticed communication was VERY tight especially in the last hours of the war was honored to be part of it. Were there any individuals you personally were looking to square off with this war and if so did you get your hits/wins in on them?

Roy -  There were a few , but unfortunately I was not strong enough at the time to effectively do the substantial dame that i and my mechs incurred. However , I did lean several very important lesson about players that I though were out of reach from my weapons and piloting skills, and it was all thanks to the coms with all levels in the brotherhood that I am sure you noticed in our chatting forums and strategic planning when the bell rang on the final round against Storm.

Pat - Yes I certainly did targets called out, suggestions made, replays viewed it was almost forensic in the way it was put forward, very effective and helpful! Did you have any new toys/mechs you were looking forward to unleash this time out and if so how did they preform?

Roy - Yes , for some time now I have been building and equipping fire and ice lines and upgrading them with niode equipment and it helped tremendously to stay in the fight long and win with auto repair and dodge with speed. however I haven also upgrading what I will call a heavy hitting speed and projectile based line up with 5 Harells , but was not fully level going into FW , I am certain that if and when this lineup is completed thru levels it will accent my aging Ogguns and be able help me focus on building another dreadnought and Nakshi line with enough trample to feel all the way back to the walls on Solaris 6. Lets just say freeze them first and fire them second and pound the crap out of them in my back lines lol

Pat - lol..Nice line up and good planning. Should we get another Faction War in the near future what would your expectations be for the rules? In other words would you expect to see changes made to how divisions are lined up, rewards handled etc?

Roy - I would like to see another faction wars in the near future , but also would like to see several changes made to the set up, rewards, as well as divisions , but I do not know if this may happen as I am not a niode purchaser like so many others in the game and I think that my voice will go unheard against credit cards and the like, so for now lets just say that it will be a on going thought process to better the game thru player bases and hopefully keep the fairness and sportsmanship that I love about Mecha Galaxy and Brain Chef , Molly and the entire group that make me want to keep playing . If that is not a politicians answer I do not know what is lol !!!!

Pat - lol..I agree. Well said, last question then with your line up under revision and getting geared up what expectations would you personally have for the next war either clan war or Faction?

Roy - Well personally I would like to level to 110 before going into another FW or Cw , and would like to see different prizes for a change and maybe a more limited fw / cw div 1 prizes , as I am getting bored with the same ole loot on wins , also maybe a spring cleaning of sorts within the galactic senate less time to generate and harvest crystals as quite a few of us don't have an a - mex black card ( wont mention anyone.) but wont hold my breadth too long for that one lol.

Pat - lol...That's all I got for today and thank you for your time this afternoon talking to me best of luck in the future and way to go in this War!

Roy -  Thank you Patrick and same to you , also will be sending you reviews once RL slows a bit for me , have a great day.

Pat - Looking forward to it you as well!










Submitted by Pat Willis# 224534