Monday, May 19, 2014

Post Faction War Interview With Thodoris Liolios

Today I'm here with Thodoris Liolios # 30531 Leader of Northwind Highlanders in a post Faction Wars interview. Thank you for taking the time to be here Ted.

Ted: It's always a pleasure talking to you and Pat, Deb. You know it And please, allow me to congratulate you on your new site and wish you all the best

Deb: Thank you Yep and I appreciate it, sincerely. This was the first ever FWs, the shear volume regarding numbers seemed overwhelming. What was it like to be at the helm of the Gold winning Faction?

Ted: Well, to begin with it was very, very interesting. A new event. I am a sucker for new events, so I was excited. In fact, I was doubly excited, because it was the first time we would bring so many of our brothers together for a HUGE fight. I was also kinda weary, cause for a long time the devs chose to withhold specifics about the event itself, making me kinda wonder what they were up to or whether we were heading towards the right direction. Other than that, it is always a pleasure to lead the Northwind Highlanders, they are such a disciplined group that they make it very, very easy for me. Being at the helm of our people is a prize unto itself, the Gold was a really nice bonus.

Deb: Lovely bonus indeed. I also enjoyed fighting with so many all together. Were you watching other divisions as well? I know you were intent on making sure things were going smoothly for ours.

Ted: Of course I did. I was very interested in division 2 and specifically our guys in OZ Land. I wanted them to win gold. They did not but no big deal. The fight they and their allies put up is worthy of songs and legends. I am damn proud of them.

Deb: Yes, great battles all around. It must have been difficult for the devs to find the right breaks for factions, increasing from three to five divisions hopefully helped. Would you like to see the clans stay in the larger format?

Ted: Honestly, yes i would. I kinda love the way clans are now. But I also understand that this may drag players that are not yet ready to level up much, down a road that could well prove extremely difficult and bumpy to follow. So, as much as it will hurt me that we will have to go back in our old formations in a couple days, I accept it as a necessary and probably wise move. There is also room for improvement until the next FW event takes place, I hope the devs will have found the right breaks for the divisions, players will be better prepared and everyone will have even more fun.

Deb: I'm curious if we'll be having CWs between FWs or if this will become a permanent replacement. What are your thoughts about that?

Ted: I believe the devs must alternate between the events, so that none becomes tedious as CWs had become for the last few months. Also, perhaps, another new type of event a kind of competitive mega raid - one that doesn't involve PvP that is, would add another new dimension of fun to the game. Be it as it may, kudos to the devs for taking the risk with this new event format.

Deb: Agreed, lots of fun with the change and there's always room for improvement. I would love to see a raid type 'Wars' that pitted us against a common foe and not each other. Is there anything you'd like to add?

Ted: My thanks to all members of the NWHL. Though it may seem to an outside observer that we are just a bunch of people playing a game, there are stories of heroism to be told from this event. Stories that prove the utter loyalty and dedication of our numbers, their intestinal fortitude in some cases , stories of selflessness. But that would require a lot of digital "ink" in order to narrate them, so I will skip it and keep them for ourselves. A kind of our own personal sagas. Other than that, i would like to express my gratitude, respect and pride to the people that comprise the Brotherhood. Also, a big thanks to our opponents. It takes two to make an interesting fight and they sure as hell made it VERY interesting.

Deb: I would also like to thank all our opponents for great battles, as well as the developers for providing entertainment at the very least and more for some. I appreciate having you guide our faction, thanks for being there all the time, not just during wars. I look forward to fighting by your side again, until then I bid you safe travels and successful battles.

Ted: Thank you too Deb, your help has been invaluable not just throughout this event but for a long time now. I wish you all the best in your RL and I am honored to have you people fight and serve by my side.










Submitted by Deborah Roaché-Hudak #289133