Thursday, May 1, 2014

Pilot Profile Justin Verret

This is Deborah Roaché-Hudak with Justin Verret # 10698 of clan Cyberstorm in an in-depth pilot profile and look at the origins of this Gold winning clan. Thank you for being here Justin.

Justin: Thanks for having me Deborah.

Deb: When exactly did you form CS?

Justin: We formed Cyberstorm after Clan Wars II, back in February of 2013

Deb: You were formerly with MurderBots, had you grown to much, needing to split? Clans were smaller back then I believe, but that's before my time.

Justin: Back then we had a friendly Rivalry with The Northwind Highlanders, but it was quite one-sided in terms of power. to add a third clan to the Division 1 Competition Members from both MurderBots and Northwind Highlanders collaborated and Founded Cyberstorm to be a rival power for the two other clans

Deb: Do you have any specific requirements in order to join?

Justin: At the current time, we are not recruiting, but when we have in the past it has been a level requirement. Initially, when we first started, it was level 30. Right now, if we were to recruit, it would be 75 or more. I generally prefer players who are active daily, and communicate in a timely fashion with the rest of the clan.

Deb: That certainly helps, I agree. Has your focus or game plans as a clan changed over time since so much has been added?

Justin: We've tried out some new things, but generally find one clan works best for all of us. I like to think we have been at the forefront of trying out nearly everything in terms of equipment, mecha, and formation analysis. I do know we're not alone there, everyone's always tweaking formations and such

Deb: Seems we can't be competitive unless we do. That answers another question I had too, wondering if you'd look to expand as others have. How many original members are still with you?

Justin: 6 current members have been here since we started

Deb: That's a long time to keep a solid core group, admirable. So if I understand the origins, MBs were the original clan that NWHLs came from and CS was a combination of both groups?

Justin: No, Nothwind Highlanders existed at the same time as MuderBots. Back then Richard McKenna was the leader, and I considered him a friend. At one time I'd actually talked to him about joining the Highlanders. When he left the game alot of people were saddened. MB and NWHL are two of the oldest clans, all of the ones that predate them, save Lunite pirates, are long inactive now.

Deb: I see, thank you for the clarification. You're had a nearly perfect record for Golds since your origin, does it bore you now to go to CWs?

Justin: no because there's always the chance to lose. I do admit the order of combat gets abit old, we can predict the order of fights pretty much. i admit the time we drew the highlanders first forced a change in how we approached things, but it's been a long time since then

Deb: The random factor appears to be lacking as far as I can see as well but that's material for a different interview. I appreciate the time you're taken with me. Is there anything you'd like to add?

Justin: I just want to say it's been fun playing with everyone all this time, and I look forward to seeing the other players out there enjoying the game. thank you for your time Deborah.

Deb: You're welcome. I'll see you on the battlefield in CWs no doubt. It seems to be the reason for most, if not all, movement and formation of new clans. Until then, I bid you safe travels and successful battles.















Deborah Roaché-Hudak #289133