Saturday, May 3, 2014

Diary of Deanne Roland

First day in a Mech I am starting a new journal today because I know I have started a new stage of my life.  I was put in a WarHorse.  A machine  that instantly transformed me into an adult. The term instantly is a relative term.  It took me ten minutes to overcome the feeling a nausea from the smell.  Definitely not a new Mech.  I did not want to know what was done .

Kig brought me back to focus.  He's the man who put me in this.  It took me more than a few moments to get strapped into the seat.  I could have done it faster if he would just stop bitchin at me. When I finally found the right power switch I could feel everything in me change.  The surge of power went through me as the jolt of movement made every part of my body vibrate. After fifteen minutes of Kig's special brand of encouragement I took my first steep.  I soon had that horse in a gallop. It felt GREAT!

Kig did not seem to like my little run.  He called me back saying he would "fry my ass".  What an old man. As I left for the day I did hear him tell the hanger boys to put a laser on that horse.  I think I will get some target practice tomorrow.  I cannot wait.
I feel alive!

 Submitted by Deanne Roland # 705797