Sunday, May 18, 2014

Post Faction War Interview with Martin Cartwright

In the winner's circle, Deborah Roaché-Hudak in a post Faction Wars interview with Martin Cartwright # 51616 of Northwind Highlanders Faction. Thank you for joining me Martin.

Martin: It's a pleasure Deb, I've just about recovered from our celebrations

Deb: Indeed, spirits are high on many levels still I'm guessing. You were apprehensive before we began as I recall, what would you like to say now about the FWs?

Martin: I really enjoyed the change of pace, it was manic but what a final match, talk about down to the wire. I guess that being in the winning faction its easy to be enthusiastic about it so I'd be interested to see how other factions feel

Deb: Too true, hard to poke too much when you win Was it an issue having so many to battle each day?

Martin: It took me around 6 hours per day to get through all the attacks, I kept popping on until I was done but I realise that for many it would have been difficult to get through so many attacks

Deb: The super drinks sure helped I'd think but we still have healing time to consider. Getting twenty battles saved instead of ten was also a great change, wish it had stayed permanent. Was your strategy any different than it would have been for a normal Clan Wars?

Martin: I tweaked it a little, played more cautious, and waited for 100% health before each attack but when it came to the storm I chanced a couple of 50/50 attacks on Charlie White and won both times

Deb: Knowing where your hits are best placed is the key and playing on the side of caution is wise. Did you watch the other divisions battles/scores or focus mainly on D1?

Martin: Normally I would but I had restricted access as I was only able to get online at work so it restricted what I could do but I saw our brother clans had a tough fight on their hands

Deb: That's closer than most expected to see I bet. Would like to say anything else about the wars?

Martin: Yes, it was nice to see the devs keeping this a dynamic game that doesn't rely on the same old tired things. I bet they will have learned a lot from this last FW and I eagerly look forward to seeing what they do with the lessons they learned, oh and that winning feeling is marvelous!

Deb: Yes it is brother, I look forward to fighting by your side again in the future. Win or lose, we do our best. Thanks again and until then, I bid you safe travels and successful battles!

Martin: You to Deb













Submitted by Deborah Roaché-Hudak #289133