Thursday, May 15, 2014

Post Faction War Interview With Terry Cole

Hello once again fight fans I'm your host Pat Willis here this time with Terry Cole #459843 who was with me in the Northwind Highlanders for this Faction War. Terry thanks for joining me this afternoon, so jumping right in before we get to the suspense that was the final round.. Going into this many clans had misgivings over the way it was all lined up and set did you have any of those misgivings and if so what were your thoughts once it was over?

Terry - To be honest, I didn't know what to expect. I was certainly nervous about the possibility of being in the top Division with the big guns, a lot of whom I had never crossed swords with before. At the end of it all, my respect for the top level players has grown markedly,, after seeing the effort and time they put in to be competitive. And, as a bonus for me, I now have a better understanding of what it takes to play this game at the highest levels.

Pat - Agreed on all fronts honestly that was something else to be a part of entirely. What do you think of the communication factor held, and maintained throughout the war?

Terry -I found the level of communication astounding. With so many battles happening throughout the entire 24 period, I couldn't keep track of all that was going on. But, somehow, there was always someone from our Faction with their finger on the pulse, and always a lot of Clan mates online to bounce ideas off.

Pat - Yeah it was just amazingly solid all the way through no matter what time you logged in honesty it just blew me away. Alright now to the fun..What was your impression of that legendary final fight?

Terry -  Wow. Just wow! Honestly, I still have an imprint in my arse the same shape as the edge of my seat! Both factions trading wins, the rare, very rare loss, and the elation when I realized that Northwind Highlanders had won the Gold. Its actually a shame that we all play this game in different parts of the world, because I really needed to dish out a bunch of high fives!

Pat - You aren't kidding there! It was killing me with all the..we're ahead, nope behind, nope tied oh man it was something else. Were there any people you found to be a nemesis specifically this war out?

Terry - A couple of names spring to mind, Ben Rail of the Storm is an awesome player, he gave a few of our guys a shock. I left him well alone! I will get him one day...Another would be Chris Harding, we trade wins on a regular basis, I left him alone as well, I didnt want to take the risk.

Pat -  Ben is surprisingly strong especially for his level, Chris I knew better from KOTM..lol. Were there any wins that surprised you either in defense or offense ?

Terry - Not really. I had scouted pretty thoroughly, so I knew who to hit, who to leave and who to think about.

Pat -  A good plan to be sure, any new toys/ weapons you were happy to unveil this outing? If so did they live up to expectations?

Terry -  No, the niodes have been hard to come by lately, so I was only able to upgrade my crystal weapons and equipment.

Pat - Fair enough last question then. What if anything would you change up in future wars to come either division line up reward structure anything at all?

Terry - This Faction war has been interesting, its good to see the Devs changing things around occasionally. I am looking forward to returning to The Blackwatch. The Clan war Division set up seems to allow a more even match up for the clans, but the sheer awesomeness of fighting in a Mega Clan has its own rewards.

Pat - Very true, well that is all the questions I have for today I thank you for your time and speaking to me this afternoon. Best of luck on all Future battles and I'll see you back in The Watch.

Terry - Cheers Patrick. You have a good afternoon, and enjoy that shiny new mech!

Pat - Will do you as well!










Submitted by Pat Willis #224534