Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Clan Wars Gold With Clan "Song"

Dooo dooo doooo da dooooo!!! .... as a bugle sounds out over the PA system. Oh man ... somebody shoot that thing. Then a thought popped into my head: Better get up and going or it'll be another cold shower for me.As I head towards the stalls, the "towel whipping" of the juniors commences. It's waaaaay too bloody early for this shit, I think to myself as I get ready to face the day ahead. Wonder what clever jokes and prods they have planned out for me today? As I'm just about to head out to breakfast, I hear the call, "Woody, report to the office immediately." Like my day couldn't get any worse. When I arrive, the secretary points to a room. "In there Woody." "Thanks mom..." I reply with a smirk knowing how much she hates being called mom. "Yes, this is Woody." I announce as I pick up the phone. "HI my boy ... how's it going Just called to let you know that after you're done with that silly idea of being a 'robot warrior'..." "They're called MECH PILOTS dad." "Yeah whatever. I got you a position as a junior assistant at the office." "Dad ... I'm not going to work in a stuffy office with a bunch of fake bureaucrats and I don't care HOW much money they make. I'm going to be a Mech pilot and that's final." I say. "Oh my God. Did you HEAR how he talked to me dear? That's fine ... let the boy get it out of his system.

He's still young. Remember the adventures WE had before we settled down? Ok Ok ... just remember son, you can always come work for me." I cut him off, "Ya Ya dad ... I have to go." "Ok, bye son." Click. "Man, he just doesn't get it..." I think to myself. Mom has always been the mediator between us and I think she understands. All of a sudden the room glows red and sirens start sounding. Then I hear, "All senior cadets to their Mechs. This is not a drill ... I repeat, this is NOT a drill. All others to the bunkers." I step out of he room. All chaos has broken loose. People are scrambling everywhere. Just then, I see Commander Randy run by. I move to catch him as we continue down the hall. I ask him what's going on and he says "I'll explain in the hanger." As we arrive at the the hanger I take my place among the cadets. Randy quickly moves to the front. "Well boys, this is it. I'm going to have to ask you to grow up a bit sooner than expected. This is graduation. It's like this men: We are the only things standing between a bunch or Pirates and the school. Our forces are too far away at the moment - They're on a mission of their own so it's up to us. This is the real deal men. Your Mechs have been outfitted with live ammo. Don't take it lightly - Some of us are not going to make it out today but will be remembered by all here as heroes, so let's get out there and show them that we mean business and won't lie down without a fight." The room erupts with raucous cheers and banter. "Let's kick their asses!" We all run to our Mechs and sound off with a ready all is green "Woody good to go!" The hanger doors open and we move out. Randy takes Point "Follow me - Set up Delta pattern." We all fall into formation. Moments later we hear "Give up your Mechs and walk away kids, and you'll live to see another day. You are outnumbered and outclassed as you can see. All we want is your gear and your Mechs. Don't try to be heroes or you'll force us to kill you all." All of a sudden Randy comes over our com, "Stand firm men - No one leave this line. They'll kill us and everyone in this school anyways. They can't leave survivors if they want to get away with it." A moment later we hear, "You have ten minutes to leave with your lives." We all watched as the minutes ticked by and it seemed like an eternity. At around the eight minute mark we hear "To the PIrates with no class attacking a school of young cadets ... This school is under my protection." Randy pipes in on our com, "Who the HELL broke radio silence?" "It's not us sir..." I interject. "Well who in God's name is it then?", Randy bellows.

" Leave now or I claim your destroyed Mechs as salvage." Oh my GOD!!! It's Woodman! He really does have a Mech and I recognize that arrogant voice anywhere. Moments later we hear a WHOOSH and a puff of smoke appears from the edge of the woods. BOOM!!!!! One of the lead Mechs blows to pieces. Just then, my eyes catch movement bursting forth from the trees. Randy shouts, "Attack!!! ... Move in men!" Just then my wing man bursts and explodes. I see Woodman moving across the field - He's going after the second Holmes. Boy! ... This kid has BALLS. I move in to support him as his wing man. BOOM!!!!! He got the second Holmes. "I'm on your 9 o'clock. I'm with you ... Let's DO this!" I say to Woodman. "Thanks for joining the fight guys.", he replies. Wow ... this guy is FAST. There's no way I'm going to keep up so I support him from the rear. I take a few rounds from one of the Pirates and side step. I return fire but he's made a direct hit on another Ant and it goes up in flames. Just then, a well placed shot by Randy takes the Pirate out. I push my Mech to the max in an effort to keep up with Woodman. Just then, I see a rocket flying straight at him. I move in and jump. BOOM!!!! My Mech's right arm flies off as I hit the ground running. Randy pipes up, "Are you OK Woody?" "Yep ... just a scratch.", I reply. Randy chuckles. Moments later we hear, "Let the rest go men." It was Randy. We move to his position and power down. I'm one of the last to emerge from my Mech as I needed someone to pry my hatch open. Apparently, I took more damage than I thought. When I finally get out I hear the other cadets cheering Woodman's name and welcoming him to the clan. I think to myself: Good job kid, you made it. From that point on, he and I have been the best of friends.














Submitted by Woody Walter Tooley#766360