Wednesday, June 18, 2014

An Editorial Piece On Clan War

Hello all once again I have something to say, something to consider for the rest of you, an opinion to share. Like always you may agree or disagree with me, I invite polite conversation from other points of view, however on this hear me out first. Allow me to start off by saying I am a member of Blackwatch one of the Northwind Highlander clans, as such what I am about to post even pertains to their positioning in the wars yet not to any one member in particular. Okay so lets get to it, Division one and free mechs just for showing up is the issue at hand.

I see it as favoritism plain and simple. Why should one division alone get free mechs just for showing up? Granted I can imagine it is for those who have joined just to average out the clan to get something out of it as opposed to being just a punching bag in the war for three fights. However that used to be what the Clan raids were for at the end of the wars, if you follow the game page you know there was some discussion and dissent over even that this time out. Looks like that has been cleared up at least for now.

Back to the point at hand, over on the game page in the past I have been told it is to make the game more re playable for the higher levels as those at such levels have little to do. I answer to that simply make more missions, unlock that first boss everyone has been asking about for almost a year now, make the zones reset on a regular basis, and allow for mini bosses at a higher drop rate as opposed to spending days at a time on one zone just to get one fight to drop! There is much more that can be done  to make the game more re playable if that is what you really wish to do.

Also the mech comes pre leveled for the first twenty levels. How is that inciting re playability? Here let me take some of the work out of it for you and some of the so called re playability out of it by handing you something that has some of the work done already. How does that make sense? It has also been said that the mech this time out is barely viable for division one players. Well then at that rate worst case scenario is you get the mech and sell it weapons and all for the niodes at the reduced price for resale, best case you strip it re allocate the weapons and still sell  off the mech for niodes.

If people in division one are saying the mech at hand is barely viable how in the world can that be seen as a good prize? So my friends and loyal readers it comes down to  in my opinion favoritism. We like you, we want you stay, we want you to spend more have some more free stuff! As stands the divisions are out of whack, you only need to check the boards just about every war to see people complaining, and suggesting how to fix them so we all know that is a problem.  But if you wish to make it seem at least in part fair I say go all or nothing. Give everyone a free mech determined by division or no one gets one. As stands even with doing mech write ups for the in game tech manual you only get the mech you write up at basic build and have to level from there. So how is it that you can simply be in a division possibly just to help overall average of the clan, not possibly fire a single shot and still walk away with more than folks who have slugged it out? Lets face it we do not all have deep pockets and there are higher levels who simply crystal it.

So I say again favoritism and it needs to either be nipped in the bud or shared because as stands now it does nothing more than annoy. Again this is just my take on the situation as such if you have issue with it take it up with me or write a rebuttal to the site and counter the points at hand. This is my way of seeing it no more no less. With that I thank you all for reading and wish you happy hunting and good luck in these the final hours of the war..













Submitted by Pat Willis#224534