Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Down But Not Out

Though we'd lost our first round in a brilliant countermove from Death's Destroyers {AFF} in which they'd ingeniously subjected my Synthman copilot system to what was the wetware equivalent of an EMP burst, the refs allowed us to continue on to the second round of division ten.

Thinking on my feet, I barely managed to put together a sort of a prototype vaccine to inoculate Generation Mu.  They should in theory this time be immune to similar virus attacks... The only remaining security flaw as I see it is a determined biohacker could manually introduce prions into the system.  As far as intrusion detection goes for defensive countermeasures I think I'd have to whip up some sort of a nanotech based immune system for the Synthmen's cyborg brains that make up the processing unit portion of the module.  I don't have access to the kind of tools or facility facility for that sort of thing at the moment though, so let's hope vaccinating our Gakusei will be enough.

It was announced that our next fight would be against the clan Wolf.  I used to be part of the same crew back when they were a merged alliance with Nomads and Morgana during the last faction war.  After the faction war was over the three founding clans split up and I found myself in Morgana for a bit before I'd met up and joined with Samurai Mecha.  It feels a little odd being pitted against former allies at first but you get used to it.

I found myself breezing through up until I got to the leader and his second in command.  Before the match I'd finally retired my old and trusty Orcus "Battlecat", traded her in for a Smilodon. I've decided she was reborn and christened it "Battlecat II".  Asked our leader for advice on what sorts of targeting equipment and engines to kit this baby out with and though she roars on the outside with a Shrieker Mk. 2 she purrs inside with a Starfire Fusion Core and Core of the Dragon engine and just to make sure the configuration's parts all play together nicely I threw in a Power Relay to round the whole setup out.  Like I was saying though, I breezed through most of the lower ranked opponents but that steady progress all ground to a sudden halt when I found myself up against the leader and his second in command. My light and medium side Heavy division mecha were no match for their super Heavies and  Even my custom Smilodon was barely surviving against the onslaught of Bishops, Rooks and Severs.  If I survive to Clan Wars sixteen, I hope by that time I'll have a Super Heavy myself... maybe an Ammonite. I hear it's somewhat similar to a Hoplite, which would be good, since I got my early start modding "Hoppers".

You can put that crate of Goliath Missile racks over there in the hangar by the way, and thanks for listening to me rambling a bit!














Submitted by Mycobacter#712744