Friday, June 13, 2014

The Student Becomes The Master

My prototype Iota Synthman beat TcTt in a game of Go today. That surprised even me.  I'd designed Synthmen to record and study a mecha pilot's moves so that in the let's not go there but horrible event you were rendered unconscious during battle it could take over essential piloting functions for you for the remainder of the battle until a pilot regains consciousness.  He's chosen to name it Gakusei which means student.  The control system is called Sensei,... which fit.

It's a good thing the Synthmen are just boxes containing a biomemetic cyborg brain and that they lack true free-will.  The amount they can adapt is startling and makes me glad I did not equip them as fully ambulatory 'bots.  Well, okay, when you plug one into your mecha's cockpit it can operate the arms and legs of that mech but that's only while under your direction...













Submitted by Mycobacter# 712744