Sunday, December 28, 2014

Coleopteron's Resolve

I found myself called back out of retirement much sooner than I thought I would be. The newest addition to my formation, Coleopteron the Jadoon was a creature I'd encountered in the void of deep space.  Both a monster and philosopher, he'd been biding his time for entire epochs, trying to figure out his next move. I introduced my clan's leader to him.  Tensions had been somewhat high towards the holiday, and I had not left on good terms. 

Coleopteron told him he'd try to keep me in line since organization is not my strong suit. They had a bit of a laugh about that.  Quanta tells me that since she is half Nakshi but also half artificial intelligence, she does not think that working with a Jadoon will be that much a problem for her, as long as she has her computerized aspects overrule her bestial instincts.  Claymore and Giga Rex are somewhat more apprehensive, and I think Coleopteron will have to work a bit harder to win them over.  Perhaps when they all discover and realize having a shared love of splash damage that will be common ground?

These problems of team work and working together effectively, unlike being a logistical on paper problem to figure out as they are with fully automated mecha, when it comes to kaiju and beasts becomes something of a human resources issue. Except, these aren't humans. These are giant, for the most part intelligent, massive thinking and feeling 'machines'.  I will probably need to drill them in trust exercises. Geez.

Coleopteron remains somewhat enigmatic, but he agreed to help me and serve my clan.  I placed our decal on the plate above his eye.  The rest of his particular hive it seems he had been separated from for some time before I'd found him, so I believe part of what got this gigantic bug to agree to fight for me is a chance to see how much the universe has changed, in addition to his own agenda of seeking out any still remaining hive mates from his brood.

For example: To date, nobody has really much documented a Jadoon Queen and they remain largely mythological, encounters being the spacefarer's equivalent to fisherman's tales or running into a Bigfoot on Old Earth.

Not to be confused with the race of exceptionally hairy creatures on Vupa 5 who also tend to be referred to as Bigfeet.











Submitted by Mycobacter#7127414