Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Red Ant Mecha Review

My first review is on the Red Ant which I believe pound for pound is the toughest and most fun Mech to use in combat. I know that everyone gets this Mech and we ALL utilize it at some point in our Career.

My insight is as follows: This is the most common Mech currently in production. It’s strengths are not as evident in the lower levels BUT it gets A LOT stronger as you level and gain in experience. It is one of the few Mechs to receive a weapon every 6 levels and pound for pound is the BEST laser platform in the game. The biggest drawbacks that I see for this machine are size (Armor points) and as it becomes stronger in the later levels, it also becomes SLOWER compared to other Mechs that continue to gain engine and structure spaces as your experience increases, the Red Ant does not.

Overall I would rate this machine as only below average because of these drawbacks. However if you meet a line of these guys with fast heavy accurate laser fire, they will CUT you up and could give you no end of problems.










Submitted by Scott Eggers # 785483