Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Deal Chapter 12

Woody begins to wake up and says, “Woodman … you won’t believe the strange dream I had last night.” As Woody opens his eyes and adjusts to the light, he realizes he’s not at home and that it wasn’t a dream. “Hey bud … the shower’s over there. You might want to wash up first,” Woodman says to Woody. “Thanks man,” Woody replies as he moves off to the shower. As Woodman looks out the window, his nose catches a scent of something good coming from the kitchen. He goes to investigate. As he enters the kitchen, he sees a young beautiful native girl cooking.

 “Good morning! I’m Woodman.” The young woman only replies, “I was sent over by Tobar to take care of you. Sit and eat,” as she points to the table covered with food. “Thanks,” Woodman replies as he sits and begins to eat. Shortly after, Woody enters. “Warrior Woody – I have prepared your morning meal. Here … sit.” the young tribal girl says. “So what’s your name,” Woody says as he sits down. “I am Silverwing, youngest sister to chief Tobar.” “Well thank you – The food is delicious Silverwing,” Woody says. “Tobar will be here as soon as he is done at the pow wow with the other warriors,” Silverwing says. As the boys finish up their meal, Tobar returns.

“Greeting brothers,” Tobar says. “How are things going?” Woody asks. “My advisors tell me it will take several months to rebuild our village and Mechs,” Tobar replies. “Tobar … Allow us to help. I have an idea that will help you and your people,” Woody says. “Ok – Tell me of this idea.” Tobar says. “I was thinking, now that Exile knows that the other tribes are joining clans, they’re going to want your tribe to join them.” Tobar interrupts Woody, “You can be our tribe’s representative, brother. You are tribal. My people will accept this. You’ve fought by their side as a fellow warrior and fought with honor. I trust you and I know you will do what is best for our tribe,” Tobar says. “For MY tribe?” Woody questions. “Yes brother. You are an honored member of this tribe. It was voted on this morning. Everyone is excited to hear from our brother and hear stories of our ancestors,” Tobar concludes. “I am honored chief Tobar. With the help of Clan Exile, the tribe’s village and Mechs should be repaired in two weeks. I will also push for an early warning system to protect the tribe from another sneak attack and work on a direct communication system that will not allow communications to be blocked,” Woody explains.

 “Sounds good my friend,” Tobar says. Woody and Woodman leave the village to return to Exile’s base. They then seek out the Commander and broker an official deal between the clan and tribe. They return to the tribe and give the news to chief Tobar in person. The workers from Exile arrive at the village and begin to rebuild it. By evening the boys are exhausted and flake out for the night.










Submitted by Woodman1201#832644