Thursday, December 25, 2014

Catching A Cosmic Beetle: A Perilous Predicament

He'd felt I was a businessman playing at warrior. The leader of the clan I was in. It had been a long time since I had taken on something this directly dangerous, and on my own, without help.

There was a being speaking to me now.  A huge, 90 ton being BFM whose territory I had trespassed on, in a tiny and piddling 35 ton medium mecha, equipped as it was with two Black Ice, Potatoes and Bacon as well as some crystal lasers and projectiles.  Woefully inadequate.

This is it Myco, you didn't just let your whole clan down (again), as well as your friends... this time you're going to get your dumb ass handed to you, by a massive space bug.

My aural implant was causing my head to pound, the ringing changing its pitch. The beetle that was a wild Jadoon, this particular one black in color as opposed to the more accustomed red, was laughing a booming laugh.  I fired bacon at it. This made it laugh even harder.

YOU AMUSE ME.  NOT SINCE I WAS A TERTIARY INSTAR HAVE I BEEN THUSLY TREATED.
It gnawed on the piece of fire bacon with its mandibles. Or rather, siphoned the energy from it.

I AM CALLED COLEOPTERON.  MY COLORATION CONFUSES YOU?
He shifted to the customary shade of red.

I didn't know Jadoon could change color... this mecha is full of surprises.

Deadly, capable of spewing ignitable acid from jets on the end of nacelles at the tips of the legs.  Crystals arranged to form focusing lenses capable of producing offensive lasers also stud the mammoth insect.
Well, that it hadn't killed me outright, knowing full well that it could was something.  Not taming it, yet, but an initial good sign.










Submitted by Mycobacter #712744