Thursday, December 4, 2014

Interview With Fred Smith Of Clan Spectre

Joel - Hello mech jockeys throughout the galaxy! With me at the moment is Fred Smith#863876 from clan Spectre. Great to have you here Fred.

Fred - Thanks Joel, good to be here.

Joel - It has been a busy month for much of the player base with many missions to complete with Raid & KotM prizes to battle for. It's always great though to get a newer players fresh perspectives. I've got to ask Fred, how have you found your climb through KotM divisions lately?

Fred - Well it hasn't been a whole month for me yet only a few weeks, I started on playing Mecha Galaxy on Nov 9th, but it's been fun so far.

Joel - Good to hear you've enjoyed the ride so far! You've come along way in a few weeks Fred. Well done! It's always good to see new capable & keen players. You know last year we had Evil Santa come & join in for the post Clan Wars raids. Drop pods of fun!

Fred - Sounds good. It was a rough ride so far. I started out thinking Mecha Galaxy was like most other games where gaining levels quickly was the thing to do. Unfortunately I found out the hard way that leveling slowly was a better strategy. Also thanks to some good advice along the way things have improved quite a bit in the past 2 weeks.

Joel - Sometimes the learning curve can be a lot to take on board. Leveling is always a topic of great conjecture throughout the galaxy but each pilot usually respects each others individual choices. Good advice can certainly be worth more than it's weight sometimes! Strong participation & keen,capable players in a clan can really help. So with your added Clan Wars, raid & KotM experience are there any hopes or goals your looking at over December?

Fred - Actually I was hoping for a Gold in the last KOTM (40 tons) but that didn't go too well & I ended up with Silver. A lot of people with decent high end equipment. I'm hoping to be able to strengthen my stable of Mechs before the next Clan War, and maybe get another couple of KOTM medals. Hopefully I get another one that ends at a suitable time.

Joel - Gold can be elusive in lower division sometimes but you did really well earning silver for your first KotM Medal. I agree having a strong, fully leveled & flexible formation of mechs & spares can be essential these days.

End times are always fun for everyone though, I seem to remember a 4am finish for me last week after a long night in the cockpit LOL. I wish you continued luck in your pursuit of gold!

Joel - Is there anything else you'd like to add to advise any other new players?

Fred - Yes, just one last thing, which I also found out the hard way, make sure you have a good supply of Hatorade before the KOTM ends. I only had 1 and with no friends to top me up. Online that is.

Joel - Hatorade is the only way to go when needed for KotM end hours. I know you'll be more than ready next time!

Fred - Thanks you having me, and I hope to see you around in the game.

Joel - I'm always lurking around somewhere in Mecha Galaxy. Thank you so much for sharing your time & opinions with us Fred!

Fred - Thanks Joel, it's been a pleasure

Joel - There you have it folks, fresh perspectives from the front lines where the metal finds the meat & brings home the bacon & silver!













Submitted by Joel Parras/KiloToneRecoil#637457