Friday, September 5, 2014

After The Raid

Looking for a bay to put my newly acquired Ballista in and finally finding one, I moved forward only to be blocked by the old timer. No one go's near here till morning! he said (a rule of the fallen) as I looked for another bay, he pulled a piece of metal about as long as his hand and two figures wide, out of his pocket. Before I could ask,he put up to his lips and blew. The resulting noise had everyone coming to investigate. He continued, not missing a beat as the men shouted things like “truly amazing” and “primitive but I kind of like it” Many stayed to listen while others slipped off to play a game of Whist or Mech's High (like a old earth game called Poker but with higher stakes of Mech's and salvage) and so it went until the wee hours of the morning.













Submitted by Marianne Stewig# 687261(and Mark Stewig)