Monday, September 8, 2014

Stroll In The Mountain

Finally. War is done, not so easy as I hoped, but good result anyway. Then was those fanatics, but thanks to my brilliant foresight to start screaming help before first shot (and continuous running away until help arrived) we survived even that without too much work. But still, it was way past time to relax with toys.

Yeah, I'm addicted for those little mechs, mainly 20-25 tonners. They are so agile, and if you tweak them little bit, they can carry so much whack power that slightest mistake might blow your own mech. But darn that they are fun thing to pilot. And talk about skill involved. Nothing like those big ones, with matra "point, shoot, repeat till done". With little ones you aim and shoot like others, but you do that when you dodge incoming fire, and still you need to hit your target.

So, I kicked mechanics out and locked myself in hangar. More than half of fun is to do all by yourself. Sure, I have blown so many parts (not mentioning mechs) that i would be wealthy if I let someone more skilled to participate, but that satisfaction when your tweaking end up producing something amazing (well even working is fine by me).

For old times sake, I fully upgraded squadron with mixed equip and weapons. Battle AI was state of art (hacked) version with boosted defense calculations. If this work like it should, in next war Camp could really relax and let computers to do most, if not all, fighting stuff.

One pilot, nine mech. Functioning like one unit. Beautifully moving around terrain, scattering when needed but still in formation, feeding targeting information to my brains, so if one got enemy in target lock, I could use anyone to shoot if their weapons permit. Oh joy. This needed to test with real enemy.

And so I gated out, heading to the mountain. And yes, info was correct. There was new event starting. 25T or less. I signed up an headed upwards. Darn. Not first in there, but hey, there was couple of days ahead to change that. So, i set new AI with nastiest defense parameters that I can think of and started to wait.

And wait I did. Second (or third... pretty high anyway) in line, and AI worked like dream come true. Moved not a spot. All around me pilots rushed past to the top, and got moved back down. I am lazy by nature, but that was boring. So when I noticed fellow clan mate in the top (and down again), I finally made my move. Up I go, mech shutdown and down I went...

Clan channel bleeped "Sorry about that, needed test if I could win". Oh? Well that's okay, we needed to test clan mates, and mountain is good place for that, almost all is serious there... and now I got excuse to return favor. So wait continued, if too bored then I shot someone down, and went soon after. Little more interesting, especially when I waited end fight to start... then I would return that friendly shot, with interest.

Clock hit start of random countdown, and mountain went wild. Computers overloaded. Between time when I aim opponent, and pull trigger, scenario was chanced. Don't know what is more annoying than get perfect hit, just to find out that target was below you when all is calculated and screen output was back in real time. Up and down. So much up and down. Fight energy dropped, hatoraide overdose started to effect my judgement... Time to slow down and aim all guns top the mountain. I will shoot whoever there is when energy is reloaded...

Wait for it... wait for it... oh, there is Smurf, payback is coming... screens frozen, only aiming works... Bleep! Fire! Darn, shutdown! What... The...

End. It was over. All that hatorite, massive fights and other stuff, I ended pulling trigger way too late. I admit I felt little glee when I found out that fellow smurf was shot down too, mere 12 seconds before end. And little guilty too, that win would have been helpful to the Camp, if either of us got it. Well, all good I guess, there'll be another mountain soon, and I'm too addict now to stay away.
















Submitted by Huijari Peli#712166