Friday, October 14, 2016

The M.A.C Weapon Review by David McCallum #701548



What can I say?


Since these came on the market they've been selling fast so get in the queue.


The line forms on the right, babe, now that M.A.C.y's back in town...


(Some of you of a 'certain age' may actually have sung that in your head)


What an excellent name for a weapon as well, they remind me of something awesome.


And lets face it, as is usual for a limited release weapon, its a bit on the tasty side.


Supposedly falling between the Neutralizer and the Ferrite Storm in terms of when you can use it, it is certainly more expensive. 610 Ferrite, 540 Bioptics and 35 Niodes per unit, or 140 Niodes for a bulk pack of 5.


That price is more akin to Big Bertha levels but you need to be up in you level 40's for that one. And looking at the stats on this weapon, with a damage rating of 60 and a speed factor of 105, even at my levels up in the hundreds, I would still be using weapons of this strength if I had them.


Now some of you may get excited about the fact that it also has a chance of crit kill, and so you should be!


Then you will get all depressed because of the wild factor, wanting to know exactly where your shot will land.


I have two answers for that. Which do you want first, the short one or the long one?


Ok, short answer (and yes, I can hear you lot in the cheap seats saying I talk too much as it is...). Short answer, it could be worse, it could be the Neutralizer that has kickback.


The long answer is that I can still recall the look on Tory's face the first time I visited Novum and one shotted her with a wild crit from the far side of the battlefield.


Its probably part of the reason why I only got liquid torches from her.


Oh to be packing some of these the next time I go visit her....


Submitted by by David McCallum #701548