Wednesday, October 12, 2016

How To Manage Niode Mechas On A Budget By Pat Willis#224534

Editors note - I have seen some on the game page lately bring up the old topic of pay vs free players. So I figured this may be a good article and time to have it re run.

Hello folks, I'm here today to talk you through how to manage a mostly niode army, with weapons and equipment on a budget. This is a subject I know well seeing as the majority of my unlimited load out is niode based. To date I own now 3 Boreas mecha, 4 Anubis, 5 Regis, 2 Ignis, 2 Aspis, 1 Frigis, 1 Dreadnought, 1 Typhoon, 2 Yallan, , 2 Gigus, 1 Magnus, and 1 Antithesis mecha. Those are some expensive mechas to level, equip, and weaponize. Also given niode weapons, as well as equipment are often vastly superior to standard crystal versions, they are not cheap to maintain.

Now knowing the above would you be surprised to learn that I have spent all of $25.00 when I first started playing back in February of 2013 to get a Keradon mecha.? Since that time I haven't honestly spent anything else on the game. Yes I also own two Mecha Galaxy T shirts but those were bought for me not by me. So how do I maintain a niode heavy squad and not pay out for it?

I basically enter just about any KOTM I can, as such I usually place within the top 25, when the event ends usually it is mid level niode weapons handed out as a reward. When those hit I sell them off at the reduced buy back price for what niodes I can. I enter the lotto at least twice a day (although they have upped it to three times a day) and I won that twice since I have been playing. Speaking of the lotto when a clan member wins also you collect 20 niodes for them having won. Being in the Brotherhood we have a good number of players who have won in the past so I have collected my share of those rewards as well. I hit the missions for the fights when I can to get the niodes, but those aren't as reliable as the more you beat them it seems the harder they are to pop for you. I also rip through the boss fights when they do go off and pretty much sell back the prizes from those.

So add to the list above hitting up every war and raid to get mechas and equipment, which can add up fast. As well as having submitted multiple times to name the mecha contests and having won a few, well that really helps out a lot. And lastly this site. Creating it, maintaining it, writing articles like this, and that pays out niodes weekly.

So is it slow going, and kind of tiresome to keep doing all the above just to maintain my squad? I won't lie, yeah it is. Some days it feels like I'll never get my whole line up to the max potential they have. But I keep plugging away at it. I have my own pace, my own goals, and it seems to work for me fairly well as I have only gotten better as I go. So I am not a credit card warrior, I am not a camper, I am an involved player contributing to the game and working at my way. So far it seems to work and I haven't spent anything past the initial $25.00 myself. Just something to consider if you're looking to get ahead in this game but don't have a lot of money to do it with.


Submitted by Pat Willis#224534