Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Look At A Reaper By Pat Willis#224534

Today we're taking a look at the new 100 ton, niode slug thrower the Reaper. As usual all pertinent purchase and basic level information are in the image. I have two of these mecha, neither is fully leveled to the 116 pilot level yet. So out of the two, a level 43 and a level 74, I'll be basing my review on the level 74.

The starting weapons here are pretty nice actually. You get 2 Harvesters, 2 Raven's Claws, 2 Silencers, and 5 MAK - 47's.

Build bonuses before equipment sit at Projectile Damage +41%, 3Xdamage 20%, Trample 10%, Trample Shield 20%, Missile vulnerable 20%, Fire shield 20, Splash shield 20, Freeze 13, Slow 6, Shield 17, and Precision 3. With all that I have at present 4 Cockpit slots, 3 Chassis slots, 3 Engine slots, 4 Shield slots, and 35 weapon slots.

Now admittedly I'm a little put off by this mecha as giving a mech an inbuilt weapon vulnerability in my books is worse than the crap the equipment does to the mecha. Also the equipment slots aren't quite as beefy as I would like...yet. As it levels we'll see how much better it gets but based on standard build stats at present I'm wondering why this mecha was needed given we have the monstrosity that is the Fext?

I have to wonder if this mecha was a... "We did it because we could."... kind of deal. It looks slick, it has nice weapons, it has 3X damage multipliers, and it uses fast weapons. You can outfit a Fext with projectile weapons pretty efficiently and achieve more damage with it getting all your damage modifiers to pop in that one shot. So honestly which is better?

Given the two I own aren't fully leveled yet it's kind of hard to say. Although the equipment slots honestly don't tell me much, as more open as you level. However just that one 3X damage modifier just bugs me. Not because it is there, but because there is no 2X, or 1.5X modifier anywhere to be seen. Granted that would make it a projectile only bad ass, but ultimately a rip off of the Fext.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing such a thing. So I'm going to level up what I have and see where it goes, but at present I'm thinking my two are destined for the scrap pile. If I want to do heaps of damage and use projectile guns to do it, I'll just slap em on a Fext and call it a day.

Submitted by Pat Willis#224534