Tuesday, October 4, 2016

So What Do You Like To Pilot By Pat Willis#224534

In Mecha Galaxy we have plenty of choices for piloting, each with their own unique set of build stats, and abilities. We have 10 Tonners all the way up to 100 Tonners, the trick is finding what works best for you.

To be honest the lowest tonnage mecha I own is a 45 ton Vizi, and it barely sees any action. I suppose what you like to pilot is often determined by what you are facing. As I am in the low 100's level wise my line up is a reflection of what I am facing. I shelved my Vizi, and my line up exploded into a mix of Regis, Boreas, Fext, and others.

My personal favorite will always be my Frigis mecha, Frozen Dream. It's 80 tons of pure fun to pilot. It has enough chassis slots to be a tricky mecha to hit, and decent cockpit and engine slots to fill. It has bonuses to laser as well as ice damage, and has X2 & X3 damage modifiers built in. But you can't pilot the same mecha over and over again without realizing you're getting out classed, and out gunned.

80 tons is respectable no doubt, however put an 80 tonner against say a 95 or 100 tonner and you'll most likely end up a smouldering piece of slag on the floor. So adaptability is key, granted you can save your lower tonnage mechas. Shelve them, and bring them out for weight specific tourneys but let's be realistic here, you simply aren't going to waltz your 10 or 20 ton mecha into combat against a 25 mecha squad of 90s or better. Well you could but it would be a bit suicidal.

Each mecha as I have said has its own unique skill and weapon set. If properly tuned you can make a quick kill death machine, well at least until you get out gunned and out weighed in the arena or on the battle field. So a large part of this is personal play style and choice. Some go for looks, some for abilities, hell others go for a mixture of both. But when you get down to it, what mecha is basically your go to mecha? The one you know even though it may be out classed and a little obsolete you still keep it in tip top shape from the gun ports to the exhaust vents. We all have one, what's yours?

Submitted by Pat Willis#224534