Saturday, November 22, 2014

An Anonymous Submission

* Editors note - The particular poster who sent in this editorial wished to remain anonymous. Given the subject matter and how such things have turned into fights and name calling on the game board I am inclined to respect the posters choice here. I always say we are here for the players and will pretty much post anything as long as it is not name calling, and a perceived valid concern. Now while I can sympathize, and see the posters point to an extent I want all to know this is not our stance on the game. I have to walk a fine line being both a player of the game and running this site, so consider the above my disclaimer.
Pat Willis

Now for the actual post which reads as follows.

Hello,

Let me start off by saying I know my line up isn’t the best. I have room for more mechas in my line up but haven’t put them in due to the fact that it’ll run me out of resources to level them fast, and I’m pretty much at the game limit for weapons I like. However does that mean that someone with full niode outfitted mechas should be able to take me when they are roughly  20 to 25 levels in difference, and not to your favor? So this is going to be more about what you spend and how you spend it as opposed to actual level differential, stats, and bonuses for your level? You know game mechanics 101.

I am all for a good fight and going back and forth with wins and losses but that is rather ridiculous. It would be one thing if I just had a crappy set up and just bargain bin crystal gear, but I have niode mechas, equipment and weapons divided up as evenly as possible throughout my ranks. So it isn’t as if I’m just putting things in there and saying, “Eh hell with it good enough.” What it is boiling down to is I am being outspent plain and simple. Other folks can afford more, bigger and better than I can. Hey great, they keep the game running by doing so but at least try and maintain an illusion of fair play rather than allow a total one sided blood bath. Nothing makes that more clear than during Clan Wars.

You can have all the levels you like, your skill points meticulously set up, and even do a little spending to augment your ranks. Come up against a credit carder who shells out more though and you are screwed. Level means nothing, all the gear you camped for, won in tournaments, or just plain outright bought mean zip. So the super spenders are guaranteed more in rewards, the strong just get stronger and everyone else is fighting for scraps at the table in second and last place. I get it they want to reward their financial backers, but isn’t that what the free mechas are for when you purchase X amount of niodes? So bottom line even though I spend, I’m being punished by not spending enough. Because every single mecha I own isn’t niode based, decked out in niode equipment and weapons I am destined from the word go to loose and to do so to people who are very much under my level. But hey, no the game isn’t broken, they have no favorites, and the strong are just that way because they can afford to be, not because they earned it, or we back them at every turn. They just have more money period so no this game isn’t broken at all.










Submitted by Anonymous######