Monday, November 17, 2014

Self Taught

I didn't go to any fancy piloting academies and I wasn't part of any government's military forces.  I merely have a freakish level of giftedness when it comes to piloting mecha. Which is funny in a way because I'm not very good at driving other types of vehicles.  As a researcher I'd tend to rely on either mass public transit or robot controlled transportation.

That level of giftedness received a major upgrade when I was in a laboratory accident that fused my skin with transgenic bacteria containing Forerunner DNA, as you already know.  However, I still haven't mastered a basic 4x4, truck, or hovercar, which is a source of some continued embarrassment.  The last time I'd tried to take a driver's permit test I'd caused more damage to the testing area in attempting to parallel park than some pilots manage in their first mech if piloting while drunk.  I actually had to ask Drake a favor to send a clone of me in to take the test instead so that "I" could pass. No matter how good you are with one particular skill, it is important to maintain a proper sense of humility when it comes to other ones which with you are not.









Submitted by Mycobacter #712744