Friday, November 11, 2016

The Fog Has Voices By Kenneth Hicks ID# 846092


Yomi Reef
Srixin
Delta Ridge, 2 km North of Tin Can Alley

It's been nearly a month now since the last incursion of Unification forces. Since then, members of the Mercenary Clans have been working with the Illyrians on building defensive positions, tech labs, and massive fields of electro magnetic gear, aimed at catching loose communications from the Gates.


Brainerd Charlie this is Brainerd Delta; I'm entering the slew 2 klicks South of you, taking Delta squad with me, over...

A month later, and they're still running pilots through psychological testing and retesting. It's not our flipping fault the eggheads can't here the call signs.


<skrrrt> Brainerd Charlie this is <skrit, skrrrr> Delta, pull back! Pull Back!

One theory is we're hearing current battles going on in alternate dimensions.


<skrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr>

Another is that we're catching Echos of past conflicts. That somehow our neural inputs are working as receivers for our grey matter, to hear and visualize random conflicts close by geographically and sometimes from within ourselves.


Brainerd Alpha through Delta eliminated. Move on to Wagi Alpha, over.

Whatever the reason, hearing the transmissions, seeing the ground, imagining or remembering the battle, all of these things help remind me of the sacrifices my brother and sisters have made to keep this universe, this time line, this reality safe for myself and my family. There might be a day some other soldier stands here and listens to my call signs, but until then, I'll keep the memory of those before my alive and well. Both in mind, heart, and spirit.


Happy Veterans and Armistice day to all those that have served. Your memory and actions live on.