Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Medusa Rig Equipment Review by David McCallum : #701548



It is official, I'm dying...


Pain wracks my body, I can hardly breath, vision is blurring, I pass out from coughing fits and my core temperate fluctuates between Chimera and Wendigo levels.


Nurse Jessica is attempting use reverse psychology on me.


She says a might have a slight sniffle, but she can't hide the symptoms from me.


This may well be my last ever review....


But with my core temperature slamming betwixt ice and fire, it gives me an excellent appreciation of the newest cruiserweight cockpit piece, the Medusa Rig.


It comes in at a book price 439 Ferrite, 582 Bioptics and 36 Crystal for a Precision rating of 4, plus
boosts to Ice and Fire damage rated at 6% and 5% respectively.


Let's face it, not exactly outstanding.


Fair enough, it is a budget piece of gear aimed primarily at Wargs or Cindrons, or to give an all rounder like an Oggun a bit of a boost if you have an excess of decent hotty or chilly weaponry.


The thing is, and I speak from personal experience by earning a crust at this weight range, you need the precision in your cockpit because there are a lot of dodgy geezers out there. Given a choice between a smidge more damage, I would prefer to actually hit what I'm aiming at.


For that, it really means going for the slightly more expensive (but worth every crystal) Nux Raid... or even better, an Enhanced Senses rig that you may have picked up as a prize. Heck, if we are talking prizes, you may as well swap in a Thermal Analyzer for more damage and only slightly less chance of hitting but that also means you may get a shot off faster... even if it is going to miss, it will look impressive to the spectators.


There is perhaps one point at which I would use it.


When my funeral arrives (and I feel it shall be soon), mount these on my Cindrons so they may light the boat that carries me to the Hall of Heroes...


And use the cost difference between these and the Plasma Orbs they would replace on booze...


It grows darker now...


Oh, that's only the shadow cast by Nurse Jessica's chestal region...



Submitted  by David McCallum : #701548