Thursday, November 17, 2016

The Reaper A Second Look By Pat Willis#224534

Today we're taking a look at the new 100 ton, niode slug thrower the Reaper. As usual all pertinent purchase and basic level information are in the image.The last time I reviewed them I had a couple but none at pilot level. Now that is corrected, and we'll see if this is just another Fext wanna be or if it deserves its own special place in your line.

The starting weapons here are pretty nice actually. You get 2 Harvesters, 2 Raven's Claws, 2 Silencers, and 5 MAK - 47's. Before installation of equipment, just based on standard mecha build stats, the mecha has the following for innate abilities.

Bonuses before
equipment:
Proj. Damage + 54%
Speed - 30
Trample 22%
Trample Shield 25%
3X Damage 26%
Missile Vulnerable 26%
Fire Shield (30)
Splash Shield 20%
Speed + 24
Freeze 19%
Slow (12)
Shield (17)
Precision (9)
Crit-Kill 2%

For equipment slots it gets 6 cockpit, 4 chassis, 5 engine, 6 shield and 50 weapon slots. So there is room to make modifications and dial in your mecha how you would like with equipment slots.

However be aware you'll be wasting at least one good shield slot to cover for the shoddy  manufacturing job that leaves this model vulnerable to missiles. I'm sorry but if I'm shelling out 140 niodes I expect to see a mecha without such weak ass parts on it that by the time it levels up has that weakness at a whopping 26%, which has actually increased since the last time I reviewed this mecha when it was in the level 70's. Last time I had looked that vulnerability was only at 20%. So in the levels that I have gained I have also gained another 6% weapon vulnerability.

Sorry I just can't get behind or support such a shoddy design, and such a bad rip off of another mecha. Save your niodes buy a Fext. They do more damage, aren't as slow, and aren't put together with bargain basement parts so as to blow up if you mention missiles. These look nice but in the end even for a niode mecha I have to say at best they are sub par.

Submitted by Pat Willis#224534