Monday, November 23, 2015

Equipment Game Debate By Pat Willis#224534

Hello all, I have an issue to bring to the table regarding equipment. Why is it we can't get pieces of equipment that do just speed, precision and dodge? Why do all the higher tonnage pieces have so many flaws built into them? And lastly why are shields so weak?

Lets look at the basic categories of speed, precision and dodge. On the lighter tonnage mechas there really is no problem you can find what you want minus shielding without much hassle or problems. The equipment does what it says it does then the higher your tonnage goes the more you start running into vulnerabilities, and speed losses. Last I heard it was harder to build something so small, as opposed to something so big. So shouldn't the deficiencies be more on the lighter mecha and get better as you go up in tonnage?

Also what is with the equipment limits? What suddenly you don't want my hard earned niodes for shoddy equipment? Weapon limits I can understand, but equip limits? What sense does that even make? Okay I'm going to spend extortion prices for a single piece of defective equipment but I can't cause I am at the limit...come again.  Yes extortion prices, like 56, 57,58, niodes per cockpit piece alone for 100 tonners, that's half a days lotto win. Now why in the hell would I shell that much out for defective equipment, that just gets worse as the tonnage goes up.

Can we talk about shielding for a minute as long as I have you here? Does shielding make sense to you? To me it doesn't, mainly because the only real individual weapon type is ice. Otherwise aren't lasers, and fire just different combinations of light, heat, chemical etc? Missiles and Projectiles, both impact and kinetic based damage, so why doesn't one protection type double up to cover its secondary damage source? Look in the crystal shields and you'll see what I am saying. Oh it'll protect from missiles with a shield at 26% or fire at the same percentage but then you get projectile and laser vulnerabilities. Granted at a reduced rate of 3% but really shouldn't it be  say Missile shield 26%, projectile shield 3%, Ice vulnerable 8%. Doesn't something along those lines make more sense?

So why would you go through the hassle of buying niodes, to buy this kick ass mecha, and all its weapons, only to get to the equipment and realize you are limited on what you can put in, every other piece the higher you go tonnage wise brings your mecha down, and you're spending premium prices on less than desirable equipment?

 I get they want game balance, and to bring new things to the table but this is just ridiculous dealing with it every time I get a new mecha. I like a challenge as much as the next guy, but I play games for fun, and to relax. If a game stops being relaxing to me and has the fun taken out of it I start to stay away from it. At this time it's a consideration  here, and it's mainly because of this equipment. So one more time, can we please get equipment that does what it is supposed to do?

We don't need all this x2 or x3 damage added in to our precision if it means taking away speed or a vulnerability attached. How bout one simple speed rating, then do the same for dodge with the chassis, and precision for aim. That's really all folks want. No need to get all complex with it and have a plus to this, this, and that, but then get slammed by built in defects. Or at least lower the prices for gear with all that extra crap attached to it. Cause I don't know about you but I won't shell out those kind of niodes for vulnerable crap equipment.













 Submitted by Pat Willis#224534