Saturday, November 14, 2015

Late From The Party By Kelevi Karvinen#863817

iMountain and spot 27. Not worst possible spot but darn that this kotm had filled fast. Well, no matter, I'm back in division eight and close enough for top level limit, so I think that I try to win this event. Now to make that iMech formation.

Loading main formation, clicking out all mechs, save two Keradons, and fill it up with iMechs. Then hangar, clear weapons from unused mechs, and fill them back in again... Too tired to do this properly, so just sort weapons by damage and put them to mechs. Really not best way to do it, but maybe good enough to keep me from dropping any lower. Equipment I did need to think little longer, specially when I run out of those parts that I would liked to use. Darn, should make updated list, what I'm missing from lighter mechs... When I get enough niodes to actually buy those parts is anyone's guess, as even my heavier mechs are running dangerously light from equipment.

Oh well, fast and dirty formation done, what next... Honor guard. Of course it would be empty when I need all help I could get. Still almost full day to fill it, will easily be ready before end fight starts. Err... when it was again... 3 am... Great! Another night with little shorter sleep than I should sleep. But as my memory is as bad as it is, I put alarm ready right away, so it should wake me close start time. Maybe I won't be ready by exact moment when fight start, but I trust that fight will continue longer than few minutes. Time for real life stuff, hopefully including short nap at some point.

Beeb, beeb, beeb... Oh love of gods! DARN! This was so stupid idea. So tired. 3:01 am. Late already. Should go back to sleep. Ah hell, might as well check if kotm is still going on, should not take long if it's over already. And would not wait next event to start if I'm now too late.

3:04 am. Starting computer. Waiting... Login to to windows. Waiting... Login to facebook. Waiting... Page not found! Oh come on! Reload. Waiting... Why this has to happen just now? Would it too much to ask that all would work like it should work? Page not found! Starting to feel little desperate! Reload again... Page not found. Some other bookmark. Page not found...

Quick look to modem. Flashing light. Connection down. Again. Reload again, what it do then? Still flashing. Why these still wont realize, when they cant get connection up, that they need reset themselves? How hard it could be program to make them fix connection by rebooting if nothing else works on set amount of time. So frustrated I tracked down modems power source, plug it out, counted five and plug it back. And waited again...

Finally lights started to flash again. Looking for connection... looking... looking... steady light. Yes. Reload page. Log in screen of Facebook. Fill boxes and start. Waiting... Start game. Waiting... Events (still on, need hurry), ladder and hit as high as I could. From 27 to 18 and as soon fight started back to event. From 18 to 11 and again back to event as fast as computer let me click. 11 to 5, then 5 to 1. Done. 40 xp spent so far. No clue how hard those fights were, so I need fill my hatoraides to maximum before I run out of fights.

Checking gifts, hoping that enough players had return gifts and I could really fight till end of event. Oh sweet, more than enough. Collect and back to event tab. Need to hurry, so I can hit back if I'm dropped already.

Instead of kotm, Clan Wars 3303 tab loaded. No no no... not yet... Open kotm tab... “There is no ongoing event”. Already? Feeling more than little desperate I clicked archive open, betting that there would not be results yet. But there was results. Still I was first, has been total of 24 seconds. Mixed feeling of relief and wonder filled my head. I did make it on time, even with those hindrances that slowed me. And so happy that I hit first to kotm before collecting gifts, if done different order, I would be late and be out of top 25 too.

Feelings of unreality filled my brains as I go check hangar, if it would also confirm situation. New weapons top of the list. So next base and sort by name. Scroll down. Yeah, new Nephilax waiting to get serial number end of it's name. 18. Actually pretty stupid collection... should stop... but not yet... want couple more... then I stop... maybe.













Submitted by Kelevi Karvinen#863817