Friday, November 13, 2015

Tricks With Treats By Kalevi Karvinen#863817

Another morning, planning to do daily routines on Mecha Galaxy when odd game spam pops up from news feed.

TRICK OR TREAT
Click my post and we'll both get a treat!

What the... Well, it do say that it is from mecha, and senders name is familiar... maybe it's not another click trap... maybe... Nah, won't touch it! Using safe “join guard” link I start game, check honour guard when I was on that tab, then lotto (no win again but join next). Next is circuits turn, if there is new one (should not be, but can't be too careful, Nick do make surprise stuff time to time). Nothing there, so hangar and free up, then check if that open new slots... again nothing. Events and where I am in kotm... nothing unusual there so going check clan and harvest crystals from there.

Almost done, last is home page check if there is some sale or other interesting stuff... err... what? There actually is something? Need to zoom in that can read text. Halloween I guess... trick or treaty... post spam and get 10 random gifts... get 25000 and something extra is given... post button... okay, clicked that, now what... can't see what we would get if make that 25000 (that's crazy big number as last 500 spam hunt took weeks to collect).

Hmm... click counter... How in hell there is so many clicks already? when this event started? Opening players page and scrolling there...

3.04 am from Nick “Wow, you folks love Trick or Treating! I did not expect this to get going so fast. Already in the past 2.5 hours, Trick-or-Treaters have collected... “

Holy hell. Those clicks drop mechs too! Time to hunt links.

“All 10 collected, try next day”
“All 10 collected, try next day”
“All 10 collected, try next day”
“Got 50 Ferrite”
“All 10 collected, try next day”
“All 10 collected, try next day”

And that's it. No more links. Feeling little disappointment, as I was clearly too late. Event was started close midnight of my time zone, and those who were active at that time had collected all already. Well, I bet this will go on few days so maybe I manage to be wake after next reset and catch few links. Err... when that reset was? Game and home...after 23 hours... so somewhere before midnight... not too bad time, I can see if there is any point to be there second time...

Oh, close to bottom of my screen I notice that mail tab is active? Hmm... what would it be... “Trick or Treat!”, “Trick or Treat!”, “Trick or Treat!”... Multiple Trick or Treat! messages? Ah, those are from my post. Lets see... ferrite, ferrite, bioptics, crystal, biobtics, crystal.. Well, I guess those were “tricks”, as amounts were kinda small, nothing over 50... and definitely nothing more valuable... Yep, my luck is strong as ever, as what I see from gamers page, some had got multiple mechs (big ones)...

Trying to find any mention, if players level have some effect what you could get as “treat”. No luck there, but found few more bragging posts.

...err... I have problem. Huge problem! I found so few links even when there should clearly be almost hundred... and there would not be any more even if I'm wake when others post them. I have cleaned my news feed for some time now, so most only game related messages won't show at all. Or should I say that messages from game related friends wont show. Only links that I needed to see so far are guard ones, and those are posted in honour guard page or in chat, where they are easy to find. How to do this...

Find by players name, go face page, click link. “Gone, try next day”. Yep, this is not good way to do this. I would be always late. So, where I can change follow status? Nope, not there... Not here either... Finally found it from face friends list, and spend long time slowly clicking every friend back to follow mode. Argh, my feed... so crammed of random stuff, could not find any messages from “real” friends... Oh Nick what did you make me do... Well, it's only few days, maybe I can endure this.

New link! And another. Open to new tab, next new tab, and next. Waiting to links open behind main tab, still trying to find yet another new link. Finally loading stopped, time to check if I got anything. Ferrite, tiny weapon, ferrite, crystal... not much but at least I was in time this time. Now I just need to sit here and wait others to post links.

Oh that happy feeling what I felt that moment... and oh how I was ready quit whole link hunt after few hours. No mechs or any other “treat” worth mentioning. But I felt myself been like those game addicts. One more. One more. Just one more. Should do some real life stuff... Well, there is time to click one more. And another... darn, I'm late... well just one more...

Also noticed that there was others that just sit waiting. If link was more than five minutes old, it was usually already empty. Found some complains that when one messaged that he would post link, just to let clan members chance get treat first, all would be gone before friends managed to click it. It was crazy... but I was one of those who “stole” links away... sorry about that, specially as I was starting to think that player level would effect what you would get from link. Not sure if high level players link would drop better loot than low ones, but definitely high ones got more mechs than low ones. Or at least high ones posted more often what they got. Game is what it is, but how I would love to get some big dino to toy with.

Then came multiple links from same player? How in hell they did that? They weren't even same post multiple times, as every link worked just fine and dropped different loot. Questions were posted. Seems that at some reason that “post link” button emerged over and over again, and every time they clicked, it posted new working link. But no matter how I tried, my button was gone after I first clicked it. And as there was only few who posted multiple links, that bug was pretty rare phenomenon.

Day went by hunting links more or less whole time. No mechs. News feed was kinda painful to follow so put some random posters back to do not follow setting. Then came time to end fight of KOTM. That make me level up, so for a while I was busy at upgrading my mechs and checking if there was new slots. Soon was gone all my earnings from this Halloween event.

Next day and posted my link again. Really not expecting much, when after few minutes checked mail. Ferrite, ferrite, biobtics, crystal, mech, ferrite, crystal... errr... what? Mech? From TOT-link? Quick to hangar (as there has been some joke messages about mechs). Sure enough, there was new mech. Finally. Could it be... now I was level 22... maybe I was now big enough to get mechs too. Definitely time to hunt more links!

Managed to do few hours of hunting, and started to be more than little bored for those less than 50 ferrite, bioptics or crystal “treats”... I put more and more posters to do not follow setting. Counter was almost full, so I figured that this event would end before I get anything more useful. But still I continued link hunt with vain hope for another mech. Or useful equipment. Or any niode weapon, even small one would be fine. Or even better, just treat with some niodes instead of anything else.

There was post that event will end when counter hit 25000 and Nick is again online. Actually, when I noticed that post, event almost immediately ended after that. Darn. If players had just stop post those links for couple hours, Nick would been offline, and we could continue link clicking for multiple hours more... maybe even 10 hours more... Ah well, what's done is done. This was fun. Started to feel more like work in the end, but still fun. Sounds like some players got tons of stuff, more that 10 mechs,equipment and weapons. And others got almost nothing. Just like from raids, but with no xp involved... Got scary thought... maybe there was ultimate trick too, and some poor soul did get xp from link... That would end my hunt immediately it found out that there could be xp lurking somewhere.

But at least I got mech and some free stuff, so not total failure for me. Still happy that it ended when it did. Not saying that I would not like to do it again... maybe with Christmas presents... but until then, back to daily routines.








Submitted by Kalevi Karvinen#863817