Sunday, November 8, 2015

The History Of Doorkicker By Pat Willis#224534

Doorkicker got its humble beginnings as the original battle A.I. in my first Oggun mecha. It was a slug throwing maniac, and often fought down to its last few armor points to get that last hit in. Nothing would dissuade it from combat. It often took on much bigger mechas than itself, it didn’t always win, but it sure as hell tried. Eventually the day came when I had out leveled the Oggun model and was looking for an upgrade.

Nothing really felt right for piloting, until I got my hands on my first Ammonite mecha. As many missions as I went on with the factory installed A.I. it just never felt like I was getting the most out of the machine. That was when I remembered the Doorkicker battle A.I. from my old Oggun. I went through the command log of all retired battle A.I. we keep on hand in the Brotherhood just in case, and revived him once more.

I had to do some alterations to his programing as an Ammo is an entirely different machine than an Oggun. After a few recalibrations, and alterations the program was ready for its new body. It was everything I remembered from my early days of piloting. The hum of the engines, the roars, and sharp barks of the cannons. It was also the same crazy ass A.I. as well. Running into battle with no regard for itself or squad mates, just rushing in guns blazing and hoping for the best. But I have to say it was dammed fun!

Eventually I got caught up in the heavier mechas and old Doorkicker went into retirement once again. Well that was until the Magnus was released. I reinstated him with that 90 ton monster, only after modifying his weapons program to accept, and vector missile volleys. Now he is a sheer joy to pilot. He has the armor for prolonged engagements, the weaponry to please us both, and seems calmer now that he can strike from various ranges. Well at least until the missiles run out. Then he is back to shoot first and hope you hit something in the head.













 Submitted by Pat Willis#224534