Monday, May 25, 2015

Sgt. Ron's Memorial Day Post By Ron Frye#879655

I normally do not push the issue of our veterans. Being a wounded combat veteran, I daily have to live with the repercussions of my injury as it is, so I rarely feel the motivation to discuss it any more than I have to. However, with it being Memorial Day, I feel the necessity of saying something.

Every year, almost everyone I meet comes up, shakes my hand, thanks me, buys me a cup of coffee, etc. This year I have a request. Instead of thanking me or my brothers and sisters in arms, instead of sending us messages of support, instead of flying flags and going to parades, I want you to buy a ten dollar gift card to a restaurant, take it to your local VA hospital, go to the front desk, and give it to the receptionist with the instructions that it is to be donated to the next homeless veteran to come thru the door.

Thank you,
Sgt Ron Frye,#879655
US Army,
medically retired for injuries sustained in combat operations in Iraq.