Monday, May 4, 2015

Four, Five, Six, Reload By Kalevi Karvinen#863817

King of the Mountain and Gateway Bottleneck is on, and for some reason I'm still in spot fifteen. Not that I complain about the situation, it just is a little surprising. My obsession of hunting more and more Nephilax ended me yet again in upper division, this is my third penalty event... or maybe fourth,  I did not keep track how many there had been, but got my last Nephilax from triple rainbow.

Well actually, I'm right now in a division that is right for my level, even if it is counted as a penalty because it is one division up from my “original” division. But still, there is no chance that I could go higher, I'm still in the low end of this division. But end of event is near and I'm still in top 25, so maybe I'll get a medal (and loot) without fighting this time.

All around me there is fighting going on, but I've stayed at this spot now 20 hours and counting. If my luck holds a little more... Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Aaand End. Yes! Free medal is a good medal. Now waiting for the next to start so I can start to do real life stuff, it is almost time to wake up anyway.

Start! Now! Staarttt!! Argh, alarm... Figures. Start. DARN! START!! Now I'm more than a little disappointed... Can't be helped, need to move on with morning routines, hope that I won't be too late when I get to look at the game next time. Last check, still nothing...

Need to go, quick look in game... yes, it's on!! Enter! Spot seven, joined too early... Back to Sign Up page, what event this was?? 40 ton and below, that's my main formation, need to drop tons if I want out from top ten... I'm in division for levels 10-17... Really? Penalty is over and I'm top of my division. Forget that dropping tons, I will hunt Nephilax. And spot seven is really good place to start. Now I can log out with relief, hunt is on and it's looking good. Just need to put a message to the clan page that I hunt again, so others know that there would be a fight if they try same as me at this event.

First day went by, still I am at the same spot. Downside is that all around me is familiar players. Almost all other Nephi hunters are in this division. Counted 4 hard opponents and 3 or 4 who could try and maybe best me. Not the best possible situation, but I can do this.

Second day, honor guard ended and filled up again. Still in spot seven. Others moved around me, but nobody dropped out deliberately. This going to be expensive fight. End fight start at 3 am, need to put alarm on if I want that Nephilax.

Wake up now and so darn tired. Five minutes to start, there is just time to collect gifts and then I can start my attack run. First hit to spot two. Lost. Again. Lost. Again and here I am. Then first spot. Lost. Again and done, one minute to start. All good now need only wait and refresh page.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Reload. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Reload. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Reload.

Counted seconds and reloaded page. Nothing moved. Those I dropped, I didn't fight, not me or anyone else. Could this actually be this easy? All the strong ones were out from the top ten, don't know if they dropped on purpose or were forced down. I bet on purpose, they are stronger than me, so if someone did drop them, that player would be in top spot already. Four. Five. Six. Reload. I'm top. Four. Five. Six. Reload. Attack button? What? Someone hits and drops me? So it begins.

Attack. Lost. Attack. Win. Four. Five. Six. Reload. Attack. Win. Four. Five. Six. Reload. Four. Five. Six. Reload. Attack again. And again. Count the seconds, reload page and repeat. Over and over again. Lucky for me there is only one opponent, too bad it is one of strong ones, so I drop often and collect xp when I take first spot back. Over 100 xp so far, and opponents do not show any sign of slowing down. Below us someone moved, then another, but they stay still down from us. They wanted only spots in top ten... or they couldn't drop anybody else. Fine by me, if this one just could stop already. Four. Five. Six. Reload. Four. Five. Six. Reload. Attack...

Attack me?? What?? My name is in top spot and I can attack it?? What in the...??? That scared me, did my browser brake just now, or even worse, the game itself. And which one of us is in top spot? Panic reload. He is top and I can attack! Done. Four. Five. Six. Reload. Again I continued my mantra and kick him down as soon as I noticed him in _my_ spot.

Xp count 160 now, 5 minutes gone for last attack and I'm not dropping. End fight has been on over 40 minutes now. Now would be a good time to end this event. Four. Five. Six. Reload. Down again? New opponent? Attack. Four. Five. Six. Reload. Who was it? Oh? Same one that I dropped when I started my attack? Gutsy guy, there is less than fifteen minutes left, and he shows up now? Oh well, then I fight with him, I'm so close and this can't continue long anymore. And my mantra continued. Four. Five. Six. Reload. Four. Five. Six. Reload. Attack. Four. Five. Six. Reload.....

After 51 minutes 45 seconds was gone from my first hit in this event, it finally ended. Got that shiny new Nephilax, but at same time got 200 xp for fights only. This sure was expensive hunt, but  I did not level up yet, so I can still return in this division when my penalty is over. Then I hunt again.











Submitted by Kalevi Karvinen#863817