Thursday, April 23, 2015

Jack Myers #396694 Post Clanwar Interview With Brian Paternaude #351800

Welcome ladies and gentlemen and fans of mayhem and carnage.  Today I have with me Brian Patenaude, one of the members of the Black Star Lycan Rangers.  Thanks for speaking with us Brian.  could I get your player ID please?

Thank you Jack. I am honored to be here, and to represent my clan brothers and sisters of Black Star (Lycan Rangers My player  i.d. is 351800)

Congratulations on taking gold in division 5.  Must feel pretty good considering the AFF put together a clan with the sole intention of coming after you guys.

Yes. It is a great feeling. It was a team effort. We could not have done it without teamwork.  From an  unparalleled intelligence network, to the solid leadership, and hard work of our clan leader...to the diligence and dedication of all Rangers. Congrats to Silver Star AFF on a tough battle.

Over the past few months, specialty formations have become an integral part of the game.  It allows a lot of room for strategies, minimizing losses or maximizing defensive wins.  Do you have a favorite specialty formation that you like fighting with or against?

I always  had a passion for Triple Rainbow. It has a little more variety than unlimited, but still retains a strong kick of tonnage, and firepower. At first I did not like specialty formations. But now I have grown to enjoy them thoroughly. They bring more color, and dynamics to game-play and strategy.

I agree with that assessment.  What are your thoughts on the powers that be upgrading the winning prizes for division 4-7, mainly  the dreadnought as the prize mech over the smilodon?

Excellent. I saw some conversation over the topic. To expand mid division prizes. I am glad to see that much needed facet of the prize structure  come to fruition. I would like to see the same structure in KOTM as well.

Are there any other ideas or dreams that you would like to see implemented that could further expand the play of the game?

The one thing that has come to mind again, and again... from 1rst level almost two years ago, to level 86 present day...is a definitive "instruction manual" if the term pleases you. Stating basic rules for new players, to stats, and calculation formulas, ability limits, etc. for the advanced player.

that would make things a lot easier for the players that like to go solo, or prefer to learn the game alone rather than clanning it up.  What are your thoughts on increasing the minimum clan size for a clan war to 9 or 10 since clans can hold 16 now?

Honestly, that's a tough one. To be completely impartial, I would have to say on one hand I like the diversity of a 16 player limit. But on the flip side, it makes it harder for fledgling clans to gain a strong enough foothold. In order to gain the momentum needed to attract more players to said clan. Whether those players be beginners or veterans. I think I'll have to leave that one up to the house.

I was thinking more along the lines of with a 9 or 10 player minimum for clan wars, with 6 specs it would still leave a substantial role for unlimited lineups, but you are on point about making it tougher for newer clans to get and attract the players they need.

Once again, congratulations on your win this war and thank you for taking the time speak with us.  Will see you in the officers club shortly for a celebration.  First round is on me brother.

Very good sir! Thank you for your time as well. See you at the O.C. Boiler Makers all around.











Submitted by Jack Myers #396694 & Brian Paternaude #351800