Sunday, April 12, 2015

My Very First Mission By Nick Quesadilla #871854 Featuring Daniel Scott And Scott E. Eggers

Ah come to listen to another one of my tales have you? Well you'll have to listen to the very beginning. I remember on November 12th 3290 I was first accepted in to the Highland Regiment. My very first mission….was to fetch Daniel Scott’s coffee, it wasn’t a hard job felt more like an intern more than a pilot but the funny thing is that I learned something new from him when we sat and drank our coffee. He was my mentor in battle telling me all of the controls on a basic Red Ant. I remember him describing everything from the switch to the joystick to drive the mech. I mostly smiled and nodded my head, but in the inside I was just screaming “HOW IN THE WORLD WILL I REMEMBER THIS!?!?!”

December 1st 3290, Daniel told me that I was ready to pilot my first mech. I remember the feeling of joy to finally pilot my very own mech. I was more excited about the fact that I won’t have to wash anymore coffee stains out of my shirt anymore. Looks like that will be Scott Eggers Job for a month now. I sat in the freshly built mech, the Cockpit smelled of Root beer…just the way I like it. Daniel Scott even put a pair of fuzzy dice in their just for me. He said to me “Alright Rookie this will be your actual First mission, this is not a game this is real and you can get hurt.” Those words shook me as I finally realized I am an actual pilot out to help defend the galaxy, I will be saving lives and rescuing Maidens from Bandits and plunder gold. Then Daniel Scott said “Your mission…will be to defend our base at all costs when we go out to war with the other clans, Our Archives cannot fall it stores our ancient history all the way to the original Highland creators.” I nodded again understanding that this was important. I couldn’t let my mentor down I had to prove myself that I am a Highlander.

Day 3 they left for battle one, they left me in my nice painted Red ant, I added a skull to kill the morale of enemy’s. The first couple of hours were very boring. I just mostly sat there staring at the birds flying over me. I decided on having some target practice when a loud explosion caught me off guard. My mech shouted “System Shutdown, power core resetting…estimated time 30 seconds.” What the heck happened did someone EMP me!? “Systems Reset” Finally it looks like I can get some revenge on this player who tried to take me out. I ran over the hill to find my enemy in an Axe bot. It’s war colors were not of Highlanders so I knew this was real. I started to shoot my Green Death at the Axe bot but it was to quick it took a quick punch at my core. “Warning System’s shields at 80%, Would you like Auto pilot to engage?” I respond with “Really my first day and you think I'm that terrible? No I can do this. Do not engage Auto pilot.” I try to shoot the Axe bot again and grazed it leg. It seemed to slow it down but it wasn’t phasing it. It must have had a laser shield on. The Axe bot takes another punch to the core. “Warning System’s core at 45%”. Fine…you want to take this Archive you scum. I lay my gun down and put my fists up. Come and take it. My ant rushes at the Axe bot taking a swing at its head to render it blind. The axe bot staggered, I just kept hitting it will all my might. Oil was everywhere when my last punch, the axe bot grabbed my arm and ripped it off. The explosion was loud and brought my core down to 20%. I was not going to let this base fall, I pulled the Axe bot close to my ant and took my own core out and shoved it into the axe bot and engaged my emergency eject. Me and the other pilot ejected and was I surprised to see who it was.

A man lands in the trees and falls to the ground to get up to say…”Good job rookie, you made some mistakes but…you did good defending the archives!” It was Daniel Scott. I couldn’t believe that this was a test, it looks like this old dog still has some bit in him left after all. I was so proud of myself to pass this test I heard those words I have been dreaming of as I was a little kid. Daniel Scott said “OK kid…Welcome to the Highlanders!” I was so excited I couldn’t believe it I was a pilot and part of the Highlanders. Daniel Scott then said “The only thing is…you destroyed our mechs so…looks like you’re going to have to be another Coffee fetching pilot until we can get you another mech.” I wasn’t to excited about that, Scott Eggers thought it was so funny since he could be out on the field fighting but I sure didn’t think It was funny one bit. The thing I learned today, Don’t destroy your first mech unless you can afford a new one.








Submitted by Nick Quesadilla #871854