Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Commander's Log-NWHL Where The Air Is Thin By Deborah Roache-Hudak#289133

It's been far too long since the last transmission from the General, I fear his technical difficulties may leave him stranded longer than any expected. His humor is missed by the troops as much as myself, no one replaces anyone after all. Some ask and I have little to offer in the way of news. I don't bring up the subject and most have let things lay.

~note send new transmission to inquiry on repair status

I remember being a little noob pilot, joining with the team and working my way up the ladder. I knew it would take a year or two of training, making it up where the big boys fought wouldn't come easy. I know when I joined, my lack of expertise to pilot many of the specialty mechas wasn't a plus in my favor. That didn't stop me from applying since I had a plan of my own.

When the first test pilots took up the 50 ton mechas, it was a cosmic experience for most. None would have imagined how much more was to come. As the technology increased and our ability to link into the system with organic components improved, it was inevitable. The connections reached 100 and those were some dizzying heights at the time. Some dropped off before they could reach it, leaving the program and wandering off without a word. Others couldn't handle the stress and blew up.

Now a few are well past 150 connections and the levels of operation are mind staggering. Having reached 187 so far, the air up here is thin. Options become limited at these speeds, you could tear apart your mecha if you pull up hard enough. Knowing how to maintain a pace you're comfortable with is the only way to keep up. Too many burn out before they can reach their maximum, best to avoid that.

The General would be pleased to know I am no longer in the orbital shitter, doing 10x more drills than anyone else. As the limit kept rising for me, he encouraged me to keep going. Eventually it had to crest and he was right. Now it's smooth sailing, toned and prepped I'll soar like a bat out of hell without all that weight tacked on. He always said the sky's the limit. Here's to 200 boss, ~cheers.

~end of transmission














Submitted by Deborah Roache-Hudak#289133