Sunday, November 5, 2017

Hot Garbage: The Yallan Written By Notwillard ID# 953947 on kong


For long time I was looking forward to scavenging a Yallan from some Drochah minions, hitting raid after raid, with the carnage piling up around me, thinking one day I'll hit that One in Fifty chance and finally get me a sweet 95ton ride. Even though I didn't have any 95 ton mechs so far, bigger has always been better, and I remember looking at this mech early on in my piloting career, thinking that with all that shielding it's got to be one strong mech. Room for 5 shield modules at lvl 17? I don't think any other crystal mech can compare to that. Plus, they can equip some of the biggest, baddest shield modules in the game.


Recently I finally nabbed one. Best day ever! Or so I thought. 


At 95ton, seems any kind of flaw in a mechs design just gets magnified many times over. Test driving my Yallan was the most frustrating experience of my piloting career. It couldn't dodge any shots fired at it. From my early testing, and even after retrofitting it with some black market chassis unavailable to the masses to correct this, it under-performed immensely. Too slow it seems, and hardly any noticeable damage. Definitely not worth putting my limited collection of spikes on it to correct the dodge issue.


In the Yallan's defense, when configured with mostly niode equips it's almost not completely useless...except for that speed of 11 proved to be a killer in testing situations at my level. Compared to the top speed of similar mechs like the Magnus, which can readily hit 40, and has other similar stats, this Yallan really earned it's nickname of "Hot Garbage".


Hot Garbage

Tons: 95
Level: 60 / 60
Armor: 790
Proj. Damage + 4% 
Laser Damage + 13% 
Fire Damage + 46%
Speed + 11 
Fork 30% 
2X Damage 16% 
Trample 12% 
Crit-Kill 14% 
Dodge (50) 
Precision (52) 
Auto Repair (3) 
Shield (256)