Monday, February 29, 2016

Hiatus By Pat Willis#224534

This site is going to be dark for roughly the next week or so, you see David and myself are taking a week off to decide if we A) wish to keep playing the game, and B) want to keep the site up and running. I've always leveled with you guys and  I'll be doing so now with our reasons why.

As you may know as members of the editorial staff here at G.G. we are privy to a few things that aren't yet common knowledge to the player base in general yet, new concepts, lore, game direction etc. Well for my part I'm having an issue with a few things. First off I have been playing this game for about two years now, and in those couple of years it has been pretty much the same thing over and over again. Get more mechas, outfit with more equip and weapons, do kotm, and missions in between monthly CW and raids rinse and repeat. Not much by way of new material aside from the odd raid villain here and there.

Also the direction of the game is headed in isn't really our thing, we were told, " We do have the alien-ish mecha but we're probably going to downplay that aspect in the rewrite in favor of playing up the mechanical elements of the mecha. We feel strongly that those mecha technical manual descriptions need to talk primarily about the mechanical aspects of the mechs, how they work, etc."

Seems the "theme" is going more towards the politics and factions both minor and major powers. That's not really my thing to be honest sounds more like Galactic Risk to me, who can hold what section of the galaxy the longest from whom. Not saying its bad just saying not my interest area.

If it were more aliens, tech, robots, etc and less who is who in which faction fighting for control and the basic build up of whichever tech then I'd be more for it and less apprehensive about the direction. But downplaying the alien type mechas/Forerunners etc in favor of more technical and science based approach to the game honestly sounds overly boring to me and not much fun.


David feels, "Due to me living in an unfortunate timezone, KotMs aren't an option. Missions are now out due to their increased difficulty unless I power level stupidly. All that leaves me with is the joy of crystal farming... I'm just not that masochistic.

And then onto the Galaxy Gathering site itself. Thanks mostly to you guys, our contributors, we publish a wide variety of high quality material in an extremely slick format, day in, day out. That in itself is an accomplishment, but despite this quality, the A.N.N. get the scoops and because of their relationship with the dev team, appear to have cart-blanche to drop spoilers that have yet to appear in game.

Its hard to come to terms with the fact that you are always going to be playing second fiddle, regardless of the quality of your work. That's the question I'm going to be pondering over the next week."


So for the above reasons we're taking roughly a week off to see how we feel about such things and if we wish to continue playing the game much less work on the site itself. If we decide to throw in the towel we then have to decide what to do with the site itself, and if it will continue on. I've heard arguments both for why the site should be essentially "Willed" away so it can continue, and  against it citing how the site and honestly the majority of the work are my own, and why should others just get what I made and worked hard to get off the ground.

So there is much to consider, much to think over and eventually we will have to come to a decision on both our involvement and the future if any of the site. So I thought I would level with everyone and let you know what is going on. I'm sure A.N.N. will be over joyed to get the influx of submissions while we are out figuring all this out, so please direct all submissions there for the time being.

Thanks for reading, submitting, and working with us, without you guys and gals this never would have been possible in the first place, we have much to think on.

Submitted by Pat Willis#224534