Monday, February 8, 2016

Sacrifices by David McCallum #701548



Sigh...


Team Building exercise for my clan.


In this particular instance, Superbowl via team chat.


Fine if all of us were based in the USA, however some of us are from other regions, in my particular case a small set of antipodean islands where they say the men are real men and the sheep are, for want of a better phrase, real nervous.


They have their own game played by men with odd shaped balls.


Still, never let it be said that I did not approach any clan task with a lack of preparation.


A small amount of research showed that while said event was likely to run for longer than the average Faction War, it is permissible, nay expected that you eat while enduring... I mean enjoying it.


A firm favorite would appear to be small avian appendages that have been tortured by immersing them in hot oil, then further distressed by application of distilled capsaicins.


Hmmm...


At least pizza was something I recognised, even if statistically speaking, I was supposed to limit my choice to pepperoni.


Corn chips, consumed with spicy dips.


What is it with your lot's choice of comestibles?


Presumably the food is there to honorably euthanase your taste buds in preparation for the fermented gnat's urine that is served ice cold. Whether you are supposed to drink it or flush it straight down the loo so as to mercifully cut out the middle man is a point I'm not sure on.


I did however draw the line at this point and opted for a lager instead.


And so suitably provisioned, I settled in to watch a sporting event I know little about between two teams I had no invested interest in, save that a few of my team mates supported one of said teams that I vaguely recognised the name of.


I counted 5 minutes before the first commercial break. It's a shame I was in a different country, because apparently some of the adverts my team mates were seeing were actually quite humorous.


Instead, I was subjected to a 5 hour paid presentation for an Asian car manufacturer, interspersed with a smattering of a sports event.


Oh, and some singing and dancing.


It did however give me time to ponder some things, especially the way you should never interrupt a good advert for the sake of sport.


You see, in the game we play, we already have enforced breaks during a Clan War. You can't accidentally double-tap an opponent; there is a mandatory stand down period before you can attack them again.



So why not fill that gap with an automatic niode video!?!


The devs win by getting advertising revenue, the advertisers win by getting their adverts seen and we win by getting a free weapon!



As long as its's not a Panther Wheel... that may not go down too well with some players after that result...




Submitted by David McCallum #701548