Friday, April 11, 2014

Pre Clan Wars 14 Interview

Hello once again my mecha maniacs Pat Willis here  your Black Watch host to Galaxy Gathering with a special guest this time out I have with me my clan leader Joel Parras 637457.

Joel great to have you here and thanks for taking the time to talk to me. So without further ado CW 14 right around the bend and Black Watch now under your leadership do you see this CW being different from ones in the past or taking pages from predecessors books and running it similar?

Joel- Thank you for your time also Patrick. Yes I'll be keeping the general format of the approach from Black Watch for this Clan War, I'm expecting very few surprises aside from any competitor clan make ups.

Pat- Familiarity is best especially when it works. Do you foresee any major opponents this time round? Granted we don't know who is fighting whom as of yet but educated guess any possible difficult clans on the list do you think?

Joel- That's very true! Well it will be interesting to see what clans Black Watch gets pitted against this CW & what levels/divisions opposing clans get put in. The isle of misfit toys will always be a huge challenge in what ever division they place but with the strong showing from deaths revenge last clan war I'm sure it's going to be an interesting fight. I know Black Watch is up to the challenge.

Pat- I have to agree there as the Watch has a strong presence in most events and certainly in clan wars past. What do you feel is the best approach to take in the wars? As in slow and steady watch your enemy or straight out blitz them?

Joel- To be honest i prefer to be there for the blitz, there's nothing like kicking scrap metal around when you're only 30 minutes into a round. So long as you're confident of what your clan can do come crunch time. Though with some opponents it can take some more strategy & patience.

Pat- True I've see both strategies work in the past for various reasons. Got any favorite weapon types you like to use more than others? Ie laser, projectile etc, and what do you feel is the advantage to using those specific ones?

Joel- Lasers are great for easy critical hits so long as you've got the niodes but these days I'm steering towards projectile because trample is everyone's best friend & a x3 damage hit is a kill shot for most mecha's.

Pat- Yeah a big boom and a smoking hole seem to be great ways to go ..lol. So then of course I have to ask favorite mecha to utilize or favorite couple of mechas?

Joel- I'm a previous long time fan of the dilophos but the new 85 tonners & the torrent in particular have proven to be far superior in many ways!

Pat- They seem to be making quite the impact in line ups that is for sure. Last question then, down the road say three four clan wars out where do you see the Watch sitting in the hierarchy of clans?

Joel- It will be really interesting to see where the road ahead brings Black Watch. I know it's going to be an excellent ride & I will endeavor to move the clan forwards in the best way that I can in any way that I can. Hopefully I'd like to see Black Watch cement it's place in division three.

Pat- Well as a member of the Watch I'm behind that thought a hundred percent..lol That's all I got for questions thanks for talking to me and I hope we get the gold this time out. Good luck to us all.

Joel- Thanks for your time once again Patrick. I share you hopes in hunting down that gold! It is sure to be an interesting clan war this time around, particularly for Black Watch! Good luck to everyone involved,I know we all need it!


















Submitted By Pat Willis #224534