Tuesday, April 15, 2014

20 Questions With Pat Willis

1. What got you started writing?
I started writing in junior high, found it to be a fun outlet for myself. What started me with Mecha Galaxy would probably be when I noticed they did contests. Just thought what the hell I’ll toss in a few submissions see where it goes, fast forward to now and here I am.

2. What is your RPG background (if you have one)?
Oh man let’s see I have played and written up my own stories/campaigns for ShadowRun, Mech Warrior, Battletech, Rifts, Gamma world, Star Wars, Marvel Super heroes,  Ravenloft, Forgotten realms and  Call of Cthulhu . Just for fun mind you back then I just knew my friends wanted to play the games and they liked my stories I made up for them.

3. Any submissions/stories etc purely in mecha galaxy you are most proud of (accomplishments)?
The Frigis , I got to name it and do the write up for it. That one is my favorite because it was so out of the blue to be asked to write it up. It was literally a..Hey this is what is going on, this is what it looks like, and what it can do with brief outline of primary stats, and do you wanna take a shot at the write up? I was all over it, it was a challenge but I think I had it down by the third draft.  I liked talking to Chef about it and running ideas past him as well.

4. Because I ask everyone this...Fave mecha?
A three way tie between Dilophos, Frigis and Inferno

5. What got you started playing Mecha Galaxy?
I had gotten tired of Vampire Wars, Mafia Wars, Superhero City, and Backyard Monsters so I went looking for something different and ended up here. Now this and Mutants Genetic Gladiators are all I play on FB.

6. Your favorite boss?
Tory so far because she gave me my first Inferno

7. Worst/best enemy/player in the game in the game?
Worst enemy or player huh? Well the whole game is your enemy technically, player wise hey I got people I think suck folks out there think my stuff sucks so whatever..lol. I got no blood feuds or hatreds it’s a game I platy to have fun. With that said I don’t really have a best or my pick of the cream of the crop either. I just worry about what I am doing.

8. Favorite article you have read from player submissions?
Been many good ones too many to recount or recall rally there are many I enjoy. Reading them as editors it kind of all blurs together after a time..lol

9. Favorite mech load out (Weapon/equipment)?
Really liking the high damage fast speed burn/splash capability weapons on an Inferno, but coolant systems and Frigis mechs are good also.

10. How many times you have won gold in Clan Wars?
Once, a few silvers, but only one Gold.

11. How many division wins in the Kotm's do you have?
I have over 20 in top 25 I don’t know exactly how many never counted but over 20 in top 25 for sure.

12. What type of weapon do you prefer?
Lasers rock, although Ice is nice.

13. Who is your favorite player in the game?
Don’t really have one.

14. What is your favorite Kotm Event?
I like the point mech tourneys.

15. Worst feature in the game.
Honestly to me it is honor guard. You are always running out at crap times, without it you don’t get full on dodge and damage. If I am capable of another 58 to dam and another 8 to dodge just give it to me. Not like mercs of my friends come in and whoop on em if I get beat. Got enough with CWs, farming each other etc to push the “social aspect” of the game Hg is just annoying.

16. Best feature in the game.
Equipment since it was added now just need good equipment for the heavier mechs and we’re set.

17. Do you watch every battle or do you hit attack and go back?
Depends really sometimes I watch to see if a new weapon or formation is working right but in KOTM not very often.

18. Most successful attacks won in a day?
No clue made the top of the leader board once for a bit so however many that took.

19. Who’s your favorite G.G. staff member?
We all rock and are awesome nuff said.

20. What type of contest would you like to see from any of the news channels?
As stands I think we do alright. We can’t do much without Dev back up so as much as we may want to run  create a mech, or name whatever it is devs have final say.



















Submitted By Pat Willis #224534