Monday, June 29, 2015

Revised Circuit Fights By Pat Willis#224534

Circuit fights have undergone a change recently where they now resemble KOTM tourneys with limited tonnage. There seems to be mixed reviews on the player board in so far as this being a good thing or not. Some are saying it gives you a chance to flex your formation muscles and test it out amongst others, some are saying it makes no sense to have circuit fights geared this way as we already have such limits in various KOTM.

Well personally I am in the camp of those who do not like it. As circuit fights pay out double the crystal to you for a victory it is the source of many players crystal farming. Now if you are one of those players who doesn't see the need to clutter your hanger with 10 of every mecha in the game or so, like myself, this change over greatly impacts how you gather resources. Everyone plays differently, some use weapon specific mechas, some prefer tonnage specific etc, etc. I like my 26 mechas total and rework those into what I need to play the game, and for Clan Wars. Beyond that I really don't see the need to have one or more of everything. I use what I need, play where it is permissible by tonnage and leave it at that.

We already have tonnage specific, weapon specific, various rainbow formations, point mecha, front line, and king chrono KOTM. So why would we need to change and mess with circuit fights? It gives you nothing beyond the crystals for farming really. Why not make it an option to enter into whichever limited circuit fight is going on at that time, or join the regular unlimited variety we all know and love? Or why not put it in the wave challenge? Like a 65 ton wave challenge, or a fire & ice wave challenge, or a single rainbow? Why all of a sudden just up and flip the script on folks without even so much as a warning it's going to happen?

Even if I did go out and buy lets say two of everything in the game mecha wise, I still have to level it all, it still costs resources to do, which means I need to enter into now limited circuit fights to try and gather resources. Which will lead to me not gathering much as my formation will be drastically under par for the event, which will lead to not collecting any resources to level, equip, or arm any of the new stuff I bought specifically so I could participate in such an event. Overall it just seems as though we have basically two KOTM going on. One the legitimate KOTM which pays out the prizes per usual, and the other the now mutated circuit fights which pays out the same crystal and niodes as it always did, but nothing else aside from that and a shiny badge for your profile if you make top ranks. BUT only if you have the resources and mechas to make it worth your while in the first place to even enter the thing.











Submitted by Pat Willis#224534