Friday, January 9, 2015

Meet The Staff By Joel Parras#637457

Hi everyone Joel Parras aka KilotoneRecoil reporting for a little "Meet The Staff" so here I go!

I started playing Mecha Galaxy in September 2013, after the implementation of equipment so I'm now officially into my second year of playing much to my delight. My very first KotM placing was a 75th out of 91 in division 7 Just One Drop ship where I admit sadly I only stuck my head in the door to take a look at how it was done. I never participated in any non-experience/medal tournaments & with my next two medals coming from divisions 4 & then 3 the learning curve was a steep while enjoyable one & I haven't looked back since reaching division 2.

I try to participate in all KotM's now even if I know I'm not going to be there in the end hour. I always enjoy the honest slug fest that chrono KotM's provide & gateway/drop ship tournaments are great fun but I like to test any KotM line up.

Initially when I began playing I hadn't been linked outside of Mecha Galaxy directly which for my part offered not only a interesting perspective but increased my urge to compete.Seeing so many clans & many more players I set out in search of a place where I could respect the tonnage destroyed & medal walls of those I would fight along side.

Soon I found myself speed leveling & spending an odd day a week competing on the leader board for maximum attacks while keeping a closer eye on high level players which was challenging without being able to harvest or have non-mercenary guards. After months of grinding out ferrite filled upgrades, working & reworking my weapon load outs & finally saving enough crystal to more adequately supply equipment to my already outdated & under leveled mechs at the time, a certain someone in the brotherhood noticed the rear row of my formation was capable & inquired if I was interested in joining a clan for clan wars. Soon with my recruitment & induction over I was lucky enough to fight along side my brothers in Black Watch for Christmas clan wars for my first taste of some serious metal.

Shortly after my joining the brotherhood (NWHL) loyalties where tested & some did not honor or keep the oath that I had only recently taken myself to my brothers & sisters in arms who had helped (& continue to help) me ascertain any elements within Mecha Galaxy. When the dust had settled I found myself with leadership of Black Watch & took the role with both pride & reluctance as leadership has never been my goal. I just run the stat's, do my math & test as much as possible, the mecha carnage just comes with the terrain. These days I work just as hard in the hangers as I do in the office & although I usually keep to myself I'm always open for a friendly chat about any number of topics (just ask around).

Within the brotherhood I'm a member of our TnT division where we try to advise any in need on formation changes & weapon/equipment load outs & there's always some tuning that needs to be done if not with my own formation someone else's so I don't find myself reworking my main formation very often as my time is usually spent better spread around......I really must get around to working with myself more often LOL.

Recently Patrick & myself got to talking about functioning as a liaison officer to the brotherhood for Galaxy Gossip & I figured in for a penny in for a pound right? So here I am. I'm always happy to receive anything that anyone would like worked on or edited & somewhere within it all I make a little time to do my own stories just for the love of it if i can find time between data crunching.

My Favorite Mech has got to be my Torrents, seconded only by my Antithesis, both mechs have superb versatility that only increases lately with new equipment additions & are both niode investments that any player should consider a valued asset. My favorite weapon is still anything with wide fork. My favorite piece of equipment is still a Shrieker Mark 2 because of it's decent speed with inbuilt x2, x3 damage & trample (what more can a man ask for?).

I think aside from my in-game bio that pretty much wraps it up unless you want to get personal & trust me for most out there only wiggle toes in the shallow end of my waters but a mech pilot or friend in need is always welcome to cast a lucky coin in & see if I'm awake.

Good luck & Good hunting everyone!








Submitted by Joel Parras#637457