Sunday, January 25, 2015

Interview With Arthur Bruce By Joel Parras/KilotoneRecoil #637457

Interview With Arthur Bruce Of Clan Brotherhood Of The North


Joel - Great to have you all here with me again! I'd like you all to warmly welcome to the comm's Arthur Bruce #221951 of The Brotherhood of the North who's been kind enough to spare me some time & an ear.

Welcome Arthur it's great to have you here, as my former Clan Leader it's an honor! May I ask, if I may be so brazen, is there anything you miss from the good old days? & what do you find most enjoyable with your recent battles in Division 1?

Arthur - Damn Joel I just realized how long we have been involved in these battles ...and we still come back for more.

Joel - That we do Arthur! There's always another challenge ahead & another can of behinds to be whipped. For the love of our brothers & sisters & the love of Mecha Galaxy we rise & rise again.

Arthur - What do I miss....hmm difficult one to answer, I do miss the chance element in the old days you were never quite certain that a sure thing was actual in the bag. Now seems to be you can guarantee who you can beat and who will wipe the floor with you......however saying that there is always that one dark horse that surprises you.

Joel - Yes that's very true! It's always a surprise every Clan Wars to see some really odd battles but it seems these days nothing is ever for certain. There's nothing like a nice x2 x3 wide fork shot with trample attached to ruin anyone's day!
To be very blunt with you Joel I am not finding the actual battles in Div 1 that enjoyable at the moment as I am once again the lowest player again (we have all been there ...I do enjoy however developing my mechs and clawing my way up the ranks again.....looking for that killer mix of equipment and weapons that will give me that edge

Arthur - But if I can say one thing here

Joel - Sure Arthur, feel free to speak freely, I wouldn't want my interviews any other way!

Arthur - There is a distinct lack of comradeship in Div 1.....remember those wars in Division 3 in Black Watch where we used to whip the guys into shape? No double hits, full HG, check your shots etc.....perhaps those in Div 1 don't need those reminders....we are professionals perhaps.

Joel - I think as Division one conclusions can sometimes be seen even before divisions are set can be sad to see & can breed complacency for many. I do remember our solid work, never a hole left unfilled or an honor guard unchecked. I still carry the same motivation today, after all I had a shining example of professionalism!

Arthur - That's damn good of you too say - we made a damn good team - the Watch was a force to be reckoned with and that's no lie, you’re doing some good work there I see I hope you get the support you'll need to get gold again

Joel -Surely did & still do! Well this war I hope we can get our old school awesomeness back up & running. Santa wishes he made lists & checked them like we do ours!
I'm deep in invites as we speak & getting the band back together for The Brotherhood of the North for this Clan Wars!

Arthur - Great news!! Well I will be here and fighting .....going forward I'm embracing this specialization thing and will be fielding out (hopefully) a few surprises for our foes
Any other questions Joel?

Joel - Well there's one last thing. We all know there's nothing like being the small fish in the biggest pond. Do you think with all the new mechs out & all the new equipment available now there's a more competitive edge than before in higher divisions?

Arthur -Oh damn yes is more competitive - there are any number of players (thee and me included) have spent a huge amount of time and effort in developing their line up's to match the other teams. However we all fall back on 'buying' our successes - competitive yes but that needs to be measured in dollars rather than talent..........*sigh* that's the name of this particular game and those that stick with it accept and promote it by spending as we do.

Joel - When you hit these levels & you face our standard of opponent there is no debating or denying that. I find it funny when players argue over player strength when they're only in their first 20-40 levels & things are so simple for them considering! It just goes to show you doesn't it though, we hold our mecha's almost as high as we hold our own! There's no fighting what you love.

Arthur - I started my interest in the Mech world with the Battletech novels a long time ago - that developed into computer games and movies etc.......I have been following 'Mech's' for over 20years believe it or not ......this is a great successor that I still enjoy........I can’t step on real people with my 'highlander' but I can in this game LOL

Joel - I'm there with you to, but I was blessed enough to find myself in mecha pilot seat before I was double digits & never looked back either, Mecha Galaxy is like no other I’ve found. I will always be here, a part of the scenery, I hope I don't gather dust LOL!
Well Arthur thank you so much for your time & opinions, it's been a fantastic chance to catch up & I dearly hope we get to do much more of it soon in The Brotherhood of the North together again!

Arthur - Joel good talking with you - we will need to get back to the cockpit young warrior, as I hear the sounds of the approaching foe once more......


Joel - Good ears & eyes never miss a step or shot do they? Good luck & good hunting Arthur, I can't wait to join you on the field of battle again!











Submitted by Joel Parras/KilotoneRecoil #637457