Monday, April 18, 2016

Some Old Mission Ideas I Came Across By Pat Willis#224534

I was looking through some of my old writings for Mecha Galaxy and came across three snippets. You see about a year or so ago I had occasion to speak with our very own Nick Shapiro. The subject of discussion was new mission text/ ideas for art he had for the game. He handed me the art, said keep it simple as pilots like to fight not read, and I went from there. Now I don't know if anything came of that conversation, art or missions. But I decided to put them here so folks could see a little of what happens behind the scenes. So here you go gang, art and some of my first attempts at in game stuff.

Title: Through the mists.
Body: While on patrol you come upon a shot up and abandoned Nephilax in the jungle. Apparently the niodes were stripped out long ago. A careful search of the site reveals some resources left behind. You quickly snatch them up and get out of there before anyone else comes along.






Title: Duel at Dawn
Body: While on R&R at base  you offended another mecha pilot. He challenges you to a duel at dawn. The following morning, he shows up drunk and passes out in his mecha. Thinking quickly you disable the unaware mech and start stripping it for parts before the pilot comes to, and get out of there.






Title: Temple of the Skriag
Body: Following reports of a wild Skriag you track it down to the Yomi Reefs. Instead you find a large temple apparently dedicated to worshiping the Skriag. You discover a small cache of resources as a roar is heard through the halls, time to get your loot and get lost.







Submitted by Pat Willis#224534