Saturday, April 30, 2016

The Frigis Mecha Review By Pat Willis#224534

If you recall not too long ago I posted an overview of the Frigis mecha. That had all the basics of price, level, manufacturer, and a general.." Yeah it's a good mecha" type wrap up. Well I'm looking to go a little more in depth here, see what comes of it. I figured the best way to do that is to write what you know. I have made legendary pilot status with this mecha model in particular so yeah, I may have a thing or two to say on the matter.

So the information or stats I'm going to give here are taken from my Frigis who is currently at my pilot level of 112. So with that in mind lets have a look under the hood. The Frigis does boast an impressive variety of internal build bonuses. It has it's own Precision before equipment, mine is at (30), it has built in Freeze, Laser and Ice damage, as well as a X2 and X3 damage potential, all wrapped up with a built in general Shield.

Now does it have a downside? Yep, it is Ice vulnerable. Which makes sense seeing as they are billed as a Ice mecha, coolant ruptures from enemy fire and internal havoc on the mechas system, I can see that. But the biggest weapon boost between Ice and Laser weapons on this model is actually in Laser. Can it freeze with Ice weapons? Yes. Do those weapons get a bonus? Yes, and honestly there is only a couple point difference between the two. But in the end Laser takes the biggest bonus with Ice taking a secondary role. So this is actually a Laser mecha not necessarily a Ice mecha. Once you start to understand that the weapon and equipment configurations will come to you.

Now as I said this is based on my Frigis who is at 112, for that level he has 35 weapon slots, 4 Cockpit slots, 7 Chassis slots, 4 Engine slots, and 4 Shield slots. You have the most room to play with in the Chassis slots. You can switch between more speed with equipment boosts, more damage, and still only get a slightly reduced over all dodge. Which if you do your Speed and Precision right really shouldn't be an issue as you'll be firing off hard and fast more than you are avoiding fire. Only 4 Shield slots to be honest does suck. But I've covered my Ferrite plated ass on this one the best I could using them all up.

End result, I'm very happy with how Frozen Dream (the name of my Frigis) turned out. Once you start getting into the build of the mecha and get a feel for it you'll start to see how much possibility this mecha has. It's a solid mecha all round. Some will say it looses its validity as a strong mecha once you get up in levels and have access to the big toys like the Regis, or Fext.

Seriously though not much in the mid tier mechas are going to match the big boys unless you get really lucky, or your pockets are very deep. Personally I really enjoy my Frigis, and it has a place in my formation to this day. In the center row, center spot, my command mecha.

Submitted by Pat Willis#224534