Sunday, April 24, 2016

Pilot's Interview With German Jaramillo #685605 By Kenneth Hicks 846092




Ken: 
Hello everyone and welcome to the Pilot's Corner! Today's V.I.P. (very impressive pilot) is Diamond Dragon member German Jaramillo! 

German! How are you today? 

German: 
Feeling good Ken.

K: So, how long have you been playing and what path have you followed to get here? 

 G:  My first activity is from April 3278, but after a few days/weeks, I left this game to play on a                      server of  Neverwinter Nights (Dragon & Dungeons style)… 

 K:  I remember that game! 

G:  Well, there are some NWN 1 servers alive, and quite good ones.
  
G: I returned and gave NWN new chance after longer than a year. I might have never left them          only if they had  as good development team as MechaGalaxy. 

 G: Anyway, I returned maybe like a year ago in 3295... How long is this? 

 K: Fourteen game years, like 13 real months maybe 

 G: Fourteen, yes
. 
 G: By that time, I joined the Never Ending Journey gang. Kind people, but quite a casual style...                so after some wars I left them because I wanted success.

 K: Sounds reasonable.

 G: After a couple months playing, I noticed the videos and I found a way to become competitive                and successful, with a chance to chase the elite pilots.

 G: So I gave a time of grace to the Never Ending Journey while I was getting stronger (thanks to               the many videos). My last action with them, after a bronze, a couple plastics and a silver                        during the Mechalympics was in the Clan Wars of 3300. 

 G: During that war, we fought against an RND clan, and one of their officers spotted me as I beat               his whole clan except for him. 

 G: That was while fighting against the Big O... The 82nd Omicron Guard [RND] and  
      Michael Telladira offered me to join the RND family.

 K: At RND, you seemed to me to really come into your own.

 G: There, among the RND guys, there was a single thing I disliked that I  had to learn. And that           is  to level up slowly. 

 K: Heh heh heh heh, sounds familiar.

 G: Before RND, there were a lot of things I was missing about the game and while I was learning               alone (I won't say how many niodes I wasted in useless ways)... 

 G: The Research and Development motto lured me for sure.There, too frustrated me a bit to find               that there was not so much of both of those things as I expected.

 G: But they were for sure a lot more competitive and successful than my previous clan, and the                 feeling was so good.

 K: Absolutely. The RND guys always give a tough fight no matter which clan it is.

 K: Speaking of "Research & Dev" work. You definitely have a great background in using                             spreadsheets and investigation, tell me some on how that helps and how you've come to be                 so good at it. 

 G: Well, while I was glad to be a RND man, I though I could support them with my own                               enthusiasm. So, as in certain war, our top clan, the 82nd, climbed up into the sixth division by               accident, I decided to start controlling the divisions. 

 G: I made a database to keep tracking all the active clans during the wars, and called it as                  "Overseer", and later as "Oracle".

 G: As wars progressed, I polished it. Adding some tools into the excel I used, so averages auto                 updated as I added each crew level  by hand to each active clan.

 G:This tool was useful for two purposes: 

            One, to have a better division control, what RND could do as a family with a wide amount                     of players... and why not, also clones. 

            Second, to have a better insight into the CW bets. 

 G: I noticed some time later, that Scott Abbott, perhaps, was running something alike during                      several months or years. 

 K: That explain a lot of things about Dragons. 

 G: Aside support my RND fellows, I started to look other different ways to earn Niodes (free                       niodes).

 G: So as I got videos blocked after two months of intensive activity (in which I earned up to 5,500               Niodes), I noticed the GG and ANN and started making some articles, small histories and hey,               then Pat Willis asked the readers for comics. 

 G: I offered my first cartoons as drafts, but Pat suggested to use them as I made them for direct                publishing.

 K: The Ants! 

 G: Yes, they are very popular 

 G: And since that day till the present, I have made like 88 comics so far... with different series like               "The Red Ants Empire", "The Blonde Chronicles", "Anodyne Chronicles" and "Reggie Gygax" 

 G: Although I have some good drawing skills, the lack of resources and a decent graphics                           program made me use internet images, to use them as in a collage.

 K: Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean. 

 K: The style of Anodyne Chronicles always appealed to me as a different visual art form than with             other MG artwork 

 G: For the Anodyne Chronicles, I used a Fighter Pilot Cockpit picture... then added Hall 6000 or                 our beloved IM as the AI of the supposed mech. 

 G: Oh, and of course  the stupid situations for a pilot that people could visualize as themselves or               sometimes as a dumb player. 

 K: Oh yes, I think that's one of the greatest appeals of them. 

 K: Well, I want to thank you for coming here and talking with us German

 G: Thank you Ken, it was a pleasure.

 K: And I want to thank the readers for joining us as well. Tune in next time when we talk with               another V.I.P. in the Mecha Galaxy world, 

<end transmission>