Friday, March 18, 2016

About Me By Kenneth Hicks#846092


  *Editors Note - We have hired on Kenneth Hicks to the Galaxy Gathering crew, please join us in welcoming him and enjoy his About himself piece.



 First, I’d like to say hello to everyone and that I’m excited for a chance to work with all of you. Galaxy Gathering is by far my favorite news source for the M.G., and I’m happy to work with people who have helped me mentally form the world of mech combat and all that goes with it.

For the starter stats, I’m nearing my 48th Birthday, but feel like I’m only starting to properly “adult” in the past few years. I hail from Iowa City, Iowa (home of the Hawkeyes) and work as the primary office person in a 4 business s, type corporation (this means I’m glued to a monitor most waking hours). I am a veteran, though I don’t like to make a “thing” about it, and believe having fluffy pets is the best cure for depression.

Science fiction and fantasy have always been part of my life. At a very young age, my mom had read The Hobbit and Ring Trilogy and The Adventures of Narnia to me. By age seven I was reading Jules Vern, Harry Harrison, Robert Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, Fritz Leiber, and Robert Howard to name a few. In 1976 I received my first D&D Basic set and became a table top junkie. Fast Forward to the 90s after I had gotten out of the military, and I started playing Shadowrun and Battletech extensively with a group of friends.

With this kind of a background, you can now understand that what I love about the world of MechaGalaxy is the rich lore and content. Numbers and statistics are nice, but being an online game, you need more to be able to grab up the 7 second clickers. You need a story. And with that story, you can form one of the most loyal fan bases out there as they will be dedicated to more than just pointing and shooting. They can see themselves helping to shape events, becoming the stuff other pilots refer to, and living the lore that drives the game.]

It's for this reason that I’m as excited as I am to become one your members as it gives me a chance to help form the story and enrich the details for others to see. Thanks and lets have some fun.

Submitted by Kenneth Hicks#846092